Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

10.19.2012

A brand new living room

I'm excited to show you guys another finished room in our house!  CP and I can't take all of the credit for the painting- my parents spent last weekend with us helping us do everything except roll the walls.  With all of the trim, CP and I would have taken AT LEAST two weekends to do all of this.

Now on to the before shots:

What fantastic Miami Vice/mint chocolate chip green on the walls!
(I still love the color I picked to stain the floors.  It's so pretty and it makes me happy.)

Oh yes seller, painting the mantle and the windows in a darker nasty green was a great idea!  Blech.
At first we thought about painting the room a similar color as we did back in our CT house because it went so well with the furniture and our rug.  But then we decided that would be too boring.


Just painting the trim a white already makes a difference in the room.
Making the mantle stand out.
The room looks so fresh and clean!

Success!  Benjamin Moore Oxford Gray on the walls/mantle, Benjamin Moore Lily White on the ceiling, mantle and bookshelves.

Next up?  Most likely the living room- which means starting to tackle our first room full of WALLPAPER (even in the hutches- who does that?).  Ugh.

12 comments:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Love the new colors. Definitely makes the molding pop and I really like the walls. On my computer, it looks like a slate blue/gray, but it's really lovely.

@JessEsco said...

Looks great!

EC said...

Wow! What an improvement - looks great!

LeslieGail said...

Oh so gorgeous! Love your living room!

Anonymous said...

That new colour is gorgeous!! I love it! It really looks beautiful, well done.

Jess said...

It's GORGEOUS! It does look like a totally different room and you're right, white trim makes a huge difference.

(Thanks for that judges link, BTW. I am SO RELIEVED to have DATA about them.)

Elizabeth :: Bébé Suisse said...

Looks gorgeous! Here's to cold days ahead so you can snuggle in front of that beautiful fireplace.

Stevie said...

OMG so completely beautiful. Love it!

Unknown said...

Oooooo. I lurve it! Looks so much better. I'm excited to see what you guys do next!

Lanie said...

Really beautiful! Nice job guys! :) Great color choice!

Luna said...

I am in love with the windows and shelves and fireplace features. So so gorgeous. Love it.

terra said...

LOVE IT! The color is great and the mantle and the built-ins are so pretty! Clearly the house has great bones and you guys are doing an amazing job at making it look fabulous!