Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

10.10.2012

Almost Wordless Wednesday

Thank goodness I work from home on Fridays now- I came home from grocery shopping at lunch to find water all over the floor in our kitchen and water dripping down to the basement.  Luckily CP knew where the valve to shut off the water to the fridge was located and I got everything cleaned up.  The plumber comes today to hopefully fix the broken fitting!

Anyone else going through a box elder infestation?  Yuck.  Thankfully these guys are crowded around our garage and not the house, but they are still nasty.  I hate using chemicals anywhere near our house, but I don't mind spraying for yellow jackets and now these guys.

Haven't featured the puppies lately, so here is Buster trying to snuggle with CP as much as possible while CP is laying on the couch.  Love the tongue!
Here is Koda getting ready for bed.  I love the way that she has completely curled up on the dog bed.  Her fur is  starting to grow back on her belly from her surgery!
So here's a funny story.  I went to my first appointment with my new hairstylist in IL.  I did a whole lot of research on Yelp, trying to find a place that had ammonia-free hair dye, wasn't super expensive, and also had good reviews.  The hairstylist fit all of those qualities.  However, she ended up dying the peach fuzz on my face- making me look like I had sideburns.  Yikes.  I realized it when I got home, tried to rub it off, to no avail.  Then I drove back to the salon where another stylist (mine was busy with a new client) tried to use some solution to get it off, again to no avail.  Finally she used little scissors to cut the hair as close to the skin as possible, but when I got home I could still see it.  So because I was meeting friends soon afterwards, I decided to take Nair to the darkened peach fuzz, and I'm pretty sure I gave myself a chemical burn.  FAIL.  I think that I am still going back to the hairstylist though- but making sure to warn her to not dye the peach fuzz again!!!

Last weekend CP and I worked some more on the kitchen.  I did a whole LOT of painting on Saturday.  Here is the major difference between ONE COAT of white paint on the door and frame versus the old, dirty, nasty baseboard.  EWWW.  (And no, I have no idea what is on the wall- that was beneath the wallpaper.)




Same thing with the door- the top half has one fresh coat, the bottom half, even after wiping off the dirt and nastiness, is still gross.  Fresh coats of paint make Non Sequitur Chica happy.



CP's major project was the small pantry in our kitchen.  These shelves weren't going to be very useful in storing items.

Neither will these hooks.  Or the dirty walls.
The pantry after CP took down the shelves and spackled the holes.

Ta da!  It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint and new shelving (on sale at the Container Store!) can do for a small pantry.  

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Uggg...so sorry about the hair appointment and flooding! No fun. Love your pups!!

Elizabeth :: Bébé Suisse said...

Nice handiwork! I had Container Store shelving in my kitchen and absolutely loved it. Everything was customized just the way I wanted.

Hope your home is drying and your chemical burn is healing! That'll be a great story to tell if you get asked what happened.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

When we moved into our condo, there was limited shelving in the laundry room. Sweets wanted to deck out the whole room with shelves and I refused, thinking it'd be too cluttered. A few years later, during a Container Store sale (!!), I agreed and we lined the walls with shelves. It has TRANSFORMED that space from something that was OK into a space that is utilized to the max. Love it!

Amy Jo said...

I'm so jealous of your pantry...I could use the extra storage so badly!
Thanks for the pics of the pups...they are just too cute. By any chance did Koda lick her stomach a lot as her hair started to grow back? Lainey's is just starting to come in and she licks it more than I think she should. I think it might itch or feel different to her.

Anonymous said...

That pantry transformation is like magic. I just signed up to volunteer for Habitat for Humanity. Soon I will handy just like you. [Not likely]

Tutti said...

Wow, your renovations look fantastic. Nothing like a fresh coat of paint and some organization to give me the goose bumps. Well done!

Lilly said...

ya know, we had the line from our fridge (that supplies water for the ice/water) break last year and my husband came home to that SAME EXACT THING! The water dripped into our basement, ruining shelves we had down there...but it was a blessing in disguise...we'd been wanting a new kitchen floor (pushed us to do so) and in getting rid of the built in shelves in the basement, we realized how much mold was down there! All is great now, though! :)
Nice work with the pantry!! That's something I wish we had, we have a TINY kitchen.

Anonymous said...

I laughed when I saw your box elder bug pic. Where I went to college the computer lab was INFESTED with them every year. They would fall down from the ceiling onto the keyboard and I would crush them when I rolled my chair out. They are so disgusting.

Love your blog.

terra said...

I once tried to nair my upper lip in high school and burned myself like that. I refused to go to school.

Also, isn't it amazing what a fresh coat of paint will do? Things are looking SO MUCH better!

Azara said...

Um, what kind of hairstylist has to be told not to dye your peach fuzz? That sucks.