Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

2.05.2013

Tweet tweet

One of my co-workers wants me to share Tweeting responsibilities at work. She is ready to retire in 1-2 years so I figured that I would take the plunge at home to try to figure out what is going on before looking too stupid.  I mean, I'm only 34 so I should know more about Twitter than someone who is looking to retire soon, right?  So I decided to join Twitter last night.  I'm thinking this may last longer than the last time I joined Twitter.

The only thing that worries me about joining is someone in real life finding my account- especially because I linked it to this blog.  I don't need random people from high school knowing about our infertility struggles.  I originally had a picture of the puppies up as my profile picture but realized that it may be too recognizable.  I also protected my tweets so that only people that follow me can read them.  Anything else I should think about?  Any other general Twitter tips for a newbie?  Don't worry- I'm already following most of the Real Housewives!  ;-)

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to following you guys on Twitter if you have an account.  Find me at @Nschica (I was told to keep my Twitter name short).

5 comments:

Luna said...

I found you and I followed you. I am still not exactly sure what twitter is for, but it can be quite fun.

Amy Jo said...

I don't use Twitter so I'm of no help! I guess it's because I don't understand it...In my mind it seems similar to Facebook and I can hardly keep up with that.

Terra said...

Just followed you! I have a sometimes love and sometimes indifferent relationship with twitter. I love reading through my twitter feed during major events, but I don't have time to be on there all the time. It is where I manage to get most of my news though.

Ginger said...

I think you're well aware of my love for Twitter, (and I handle twitter for work too) so feel free to ask me any questions. :-)

The thing I always tell people at work about twitter is that you have to DO it to GET it. It honestly takes most people I know a few months for things to *really* click, so I'd say just spend some time there when you can, jump in to conversations, and you'll figure it out.

@JessEsco said...

YAY YAY YAY! I'm gonna send a request now.