Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

10.17.2013

Growing baby

So I'm not dead.  These past two and a half weeks have been stressful, but I have tried to stay productive and use my furlough days to get stuff done.  I'll try to tell you all about it tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I am up to bi-weekly OB appointments and things are going well.  In fact, the appointments are kind of boring, but I would much rather boring than the alternative.....

Today's appointment I had a growth ultrasound which will likely be the last time I see the baby before delivery.  The baby has moved since the last ultrasound (at 29 weeks)- it is now head down.  Everything is measuring right on track- femur length, amniotic fluid, belly and head size, etc. and all major organs looked good.  At 29 weeks the baby was estimated to be 3 pounds, 2 oz.....the estimated weight today jumped to 5 pounds, 9 oz!!  The baby is now in the 72nd percentile for estimated weight.  I was hoping to have a smaller baby, but it doesn't look like that will be the case come November 29th.  Honestly, just as long as he/she is healthy I don't care as no matter the size- he/she will be entering the world through a C-section anyway!

Tonight is also our first hospital class- the first of two Taking Care of Newborns classes.  This week we will learn all about bathing, diaper-changing, cord care, circumcision care, temperature-taking and signs of illness.  I hope it's informative!!

5 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Yay! Glad to know that everything is okay. Thumbs down on the whole job thing though...I hope you found a little bit of time to relax.

Anonymous said...

So glad you're not dead! Also, glad baby is doing so well and growing like a champ. I wish i was coming to your hospital parenting class with you! It sounds like my current idea of a rockin' Thursday night.

Anonymous said...

So glad everything is going well! You're getting SO close!

Amber said...

Glad to know you aren't dead! Ahhhh, you are going to have a baby to take home in about a little over a month! So excited for you! Glad baby is doing well and growing right on target.

Aramis said...

A bit late to the party but just wanted to say that I'm glad to hear that things are going so well!