*I still have an innie. My belly button has been working on getting outie status for a long time now- recently four marks from my fibroid surgery popped up on the sides (generally I can't see them because they are inside the hole)- so I think its status may change soon.
*I can still shave my legs. I have a friend that is two months behind me that is having problems shaving her legs, so I'm surprised. Of course shaving does require a bit of maneuvering around the belly, but it's not too bad (and I'm NOT flexible).
*I have yet to see anything leaking from my boobs. I asked the doctor about it at my last appointment and she said that it is okay that I haven't leaked anything yet.
*My urge to pee increases if I stand up and/or walk. I'll be sitting down with no urge to pee but as soon as I stand up it actually hurts and suddenly I MUST USE THE BATHROOM RIGHT NOW.
*My engagement ring lasted until this weekend on my finger. I'm hoping that I can put it back on, but considering that my hands are swollen and it's only 45 degrees out today? Not likely.
*Due to my fair skin I think that I am not going to get a linea nigra if I haven't gotten it by now, but around 30 weeks I did have some stretch marks pop up on the bottom of my belly. My mom had them as well when she was pregnant and said that hers went away so fingers crossed I get her genetics! Then again, if they decide to stick around, I won't be too sad- between a C-section scar and the fact that I wasn't rocking two pieces prior to pregnancy, I can't imagine I'll be wearing anything belly-baring post-pregnancy anyway.
*This weekend family and friends were trying to guess at the gender. My dad guessed boy because "I haven't complained much about my pregnancy." Ummm okay. Yes, I have had a relatively easy pregnancy, but I also may not be complaining because it took me almost three years just to get pregnant! It's hard to complain when you finally get your wish.....
*The past two nights CP has been in major nesting mode (isn't that supposed to be my thing?). He put together the exersaucer, the high chair, the mama roo, and some other small items. He wanted to get things in their place before the baby came even though we won't be using some of these things for months. It's really weird to see a high chair at the dining room table!! Meanwhile I washed, organized, and put away all of the baby's clothes and I'm pretty sure that the baby has more clothes than me. I know that they grow out of them quickly, but wow! We have yet to buy a single piece of clothing for the baby- but I'm guessing we may have to buy some newborn items? We currently only have 6 onesies and which potentially means a lot of laundry.
*In the 8.5 months that I have been pregnant, I still haven't learned that I can't rest boxes or other things that I am carrying against my belly. I keep thinking that the belly will act like my regular stomach, but when I am carrying something, my belly doesn't like to be touched. Weird.
What are you surprised about?
5 comments:
I love your updates!! I'm 30 weeks, and still rocking an innie, too! Totally agree with not complaining when it took awhile to get to this place ... BUT, I will say, because my pregnancy has been easy, I wonder if we're having a boy.
Yep, yep and yep. First of all, I don't have an "innie or outie" anymore. Just a perfectly flat belly button. I've also made it this far with NO stretch marks. Hooray! I was surprised by my linea nigra (however faint), because I somehow thought I wouldn't get one. I also am STILL able to shave my legs, despite other people behind me in weeks not being able to. I wonder if it's something to do with the shape of your shower? Finally, I had no leakage at all from my breasts until this weekend and even then it was just a tiny bit, hardly enough to go through my shirt. It was weird ;)
I'm surprised that at 18 weeks, my innie is already threatening an outie!! It's pretty flat, and when i flex stomach muscles by leaning or twisting, a tiny past of the innie pops out. Yesterday, a friend said she could see it through my shirt. what the heck? I think it's crazy that you have a high chair at your kitchen table, too! These 8+ months have flown by!!
I was surprised I was able to shave my legs up until the day I delivered. It took some maneuvering but I did it. Every time I did it I kept thinking I wouldn't be able to do it much longer. Maybe that would have changed if I was pregnant longer.
I also never got a true outie. Mostly it was flat and popped out every once in awhile.
I was most surprised I didn't have stretch marks...until they showed up about two weeks after delivery. I expected to get them so it doesn't bother me, but I kept telling my husband I couldn't believe I didn't have them. And then they finally showed up. Just weird they were so delayed.
No way dude, my bff's husband is going through the nesting now--they're only 4 months :)
Post a Comment