This past weekend CP and I were talking and I mentioned that I would like to take a quick trip involving our alma mater with some of my college friends next November. I said that I would love for him to come along (since we went to the same college), but if he didn't, he could stay home with the baby.
He had the oddest response. "But what if you are pregnant again next November?"
(Record scratches to a halt) Ummm WHAT?!?
First, we need to get the current baby out of my body safe and sound before worrying about a second one.
Second, I would like to wait AT LEAST a year before getting pregnant again- I believe that I read somewhere that ideally, you would have 18 months between the time that you deliver via c-section and getting pregnant again.
Third, umm remember that it took us almost THREE YEARS to get pregnant. Are you thinking that we are suddenly going to get pregnant by actually having sex (HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA)??? Alternatively, that's a lot of confidence that you have in our ONE frozen embryo and the frozen embryo transfer that we will have to go through.
Look, I get that CP is a few years older than me (he turned 37 in June, I turn 35 in December). If he has the male equivalent of a biological clock, it is ticking. I understand wanting to jump on the bandwagon sooner rather than later in completing our family. I also understand that if the one frozen embryo doesn't thaw and/or doesn't implant, then I will have to go through another fresh IVF cycle when my eggs are no longer 34 years old. I will be of advanced maternal age. BUT I want to make sure that I do it safely and that we are ready. We don't even know how we are going to react to having one child- let's see how that goes before trying to knock me up again!
It's truly amazing the things that will come out of the mouths of the male species.
8 comments:
I understand where he's coming from, and it's never too early to make plans. But you're right. This little one needs to come into the world first. Lots of prayers that you have a safe, non-eventful pregnancy :)
This post made me smile!! What a sweet thought about having baby number two so soon. I have to admit, we've already talked about it, too. So excited for you & your adventure ahead.
Hahaha, this made me laugh. Men do say the funniest things. But, really, it's very sweet. Sweet that he is so positive, optimistic and excited about the next time :)
He's cute, your CP ;)
From what I've read you're supposed to wait at least 6-12 months after a C-section just for physical recovery. I'm sure longer is better, especially as you might just be plain tired, what with taking care of a baby. And of course you're right that he or she first needs to get here safe and sound. But hey, optimism is a good thing :)
Heh. Men. So silly sometimes.
Awesome that he is so optimistic! I do think its funny he's already jumped to that place of wanting a second child right away. I think it's mostly because men can't really even begin to relate to what our bodies go through during pregnancy. At least you know he wants to proceed to #2!
Sounds exactly like my husband. He wants a boy so he has been talking about me getting pregnant again since we found out it was 2 girls. He started this talk when I was still super nauseous. Really? Not the best timing to try and convince me to be pregnant again. Plus,, he seems to have forgotten how hard it was to get pregnant the first time. He acts like it will just happen. Silly men.
BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
Post a Comment