I worked from home yesterday which meant getting to sleep in a bit. Izzy and I Facetimed with CP before I brought her into daycare...unfortunately CP forgot that it was my birthday until I reminded him (he is in China this week)- bad husband! I soon couldn't feel too sorry for myself because prior to a luncheon speech I had to give for work, I was taken on a tour of a homeless shelter. I have worked in plenty of soup kitchens but this was my first homeless shelter so it was very eye-opening. When I arrived home there were balloons tied to our front door and two cupcakes dropped off by my next door neighbor. It made my day! After picking up Izzy from daycare I did my best to encourage her to say "mommy" or even "ma ma" for my birthday but to no avail.
![]() |
| Izzy also enjoyed my balloons |
![]() |
| Mmmm chocolate cupcake |
I realized last night that as my birthdays tick on, they are more and more like regular days....and I guess that I am going to have to get used to that. If that is the least of my worries then I have a pretty good life. Here's to year 36.


5 comments:
Happy birthday! Trust me, every year I am happier to have people NOT remind me I'm getting older. ;)
Happy Birthday! Even if they're "just days" it's still nice to acknowledge it!
Happy belated birthday, sweetness! Such cute pics of Izzy! And yes, homeless shelters are a totally different beast.
Happy Pretty Princess Day! Shame on CP for not remembering! I'm sorry it turned out to be a somewhat lonely day. I always get a little disappointed too, not to get the big hoorah. We sometimes need those reminders in life that we actually have things pretty good in comparison to what many have to deal with on a daily basis. Hopefully Izzy will give you a belated birthday gift in the next few days and say mama!
Happy birthday! I love that you call it Pretty Princess Day.
Post a Comment