Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

10.21.2015

Symptom spotting

With only one day left I am beginning to symptom spot. I am trying my best not to think about it but it is simply not working. Of course all of this could be over if I went out and bought a pregnancy test, but I refuse to spend the money. I'll find out via phone call in a little over 24 hours anyway.

Today I woke up and am feeling very crampy. I KNOW that this could be because of the Endometrin but it hasn't gone away yet. Period-like cramps were what I felt about two days before the beta with IVF #1/Izzy....but I also had sore boobs. So far no sore boobs. Other than a headache last night and some constipation (both of which could be blamed on the progesterone), that's all I got. A little cramping does not make a pregnancy- especially from an IUI.

I really shouldn't be getting my hopes up with just one day left to go. It will only lead to disaster tomorrow while I am at work.

3 comments:

Cristy said...

It's hard not to symptom spot. But honestly, it's okay to feel a bit hopeful. After all, I find that even with steeling myself there's always some disappointment. So don't beat yourself up. And I'm hoping.

Aramis said...

Cristy is spot on. It's so hard not to watch for symptoms and to have a little teensy bit of hope no matter howich you try to talk yourself out of it. Hoping for the best for you!

Alice said...

It is so monumentally unfair that the symptoms of early pregnancy are IDENTICAL to the symptoms of PMS.