So far I have been in a fairly good headspace during this TWW. I'm just looking forward to Thursday and to moving past what will be another negative beta test after an IUI.
On Friday I started to google when an HCG shot would be out of my system. Most websites said that the amount of HCG decreases in half every day (I took a 10,000 unit trigger on Thursday the 8th). The general consensus of women who tested out their HCG shot online was 7-10 days. You see on Saturday night our neighbors and friends were having a big party and I wanted to test, get a negative, and feel okay about drinking. Clearly it was too early though so I went to the party and sipped a half glass of wine the entire time (CP wasn't happy about me drinking at all but I figured half a glass wouldn't do any harm).
Last Thursday I donated more blood to the clinic to determine my progesterone level. Not surprisingly my level was too low so I had to start supplementing. Endometrin hasn't been so bad. There is the same need for a panty liner as Crinone, but somehow less stuff to scoop out in the shower (TMI!). However, the cramping that happens every.single.time. I stick the pill up me is no fun.
CP is out of town for work until Friday and we have our follow-up meeting with the Dr. next week to figure out the next IVF cycle.
Less than three days. I'm too cheap to buy any pregnancy tests this time around because I am 100% sure that I am not pregnant so I'm just waiting for the inevitable.
(I feel like the way this is written makes me seem very depressed about this, but I'm really doing just fine. Just ready to move on.)
5 comments:
I wonder if you will get your period even though you are on the progesterone...
Wishing you all the best in the next few weeks.
I had similiar feelings during our last IUI, we were waiting until we got back from vacation to start IVF, so it was just a way of still doing something while we waited for the time to pass. We were just going through the motions.
Keeping my fingers crossed for Saturday. Even though you're feeling certain it will be negative, I'm hoping.
i just got my med list for round #1, which includes Endometrin. I recently learned that my SIL apparently didn't want to deal with the goop / discharge situation when doing her last cycle, and opted to do progesterone shots, even with them being daily intramuscular. Made me slightly worried for how gross / irritating the endometrin experience will be, if daily butt shots were preferable..!
(I too drank all through my last TWW because I was 100% sure I was not pregnant.)
Fingers crossed anyway!
Post a Comment