Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

3.26.2009

Bad DC list

Things that I am going to miss while I am in DC (warning: this might get sappy!):

*Kissing CP as he leaves for work in the morning

*Kissing CP as he gets home from work

*Kissing CP before we go to sleep

*Snuggling with CP on the couch as we watch a movie

*Having CP cook me a delicious dinner

*Having a partner in the fight to lose weight. When I am in DC I won't have anyone to police me!

*Coming home to Fuzzy Britches jumping up and down because she is so excited to see me

*The relative peace and quiet of our town. No traffic noise, no people yelling, etc.

*With little to no ambient light, I will miss looking up at the sky and seeing all of the stars every night as I take Fuzzy Britches out.

*Part of the kayaking season will be spent down in DC

*DC gets really hot in the summer

*Spending "quality time" with CP

*Random hugs with CP and Fuzzy Britches

*Phone conversations with CP. It's much harder if one of us has had a bad/ hard day to deal with it in person rather than over the phone.

*Dealing with wedding stuff from afar. And then when I am home every other weekend, we aren't going to be able to relax....instead having to do lots of wedding stuff.

*Having to spend our own money for me to fly home

*In general, just not having CP and Fuzzy Britches to come home to


CP and I know how to deal with the long distance, having done it for a year and a half while I was in law school and he had to travel for work. We were hoping that we never had to do it again, but at least we know that this is only until July....

2 comments:

Christina said...

Look at it as all the things to look forward too in July!

Non Sequitur Chica said...

Ha ha you optimist!