Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

3.25.2009

Good DC list

Things that excite me about my three month stay in DC:

*Commuting via the Metro as opposed to my current two hour commute

*Having friends close by (as in TWO BLOCKS AWAY) as opposed to over an hour

*Networking possibilities

*Not having to worry about someone staying sober in order to drive home. Metro baby!

*Having a gym at both work AND my apartment complex. Also BOTH have free fitness classes!

*A rooftop pool

*Warmer weather than MA (but I'm sure I won't be saying that when it gets too hot!)

*Interesting restaurants instead of the lack of choices we have in our small town

*Restaurants that deliver!

*Seeing my maid of honor on a regular basis

*Fun events that will happen every weekend

*More everyday walking

*Running outside on basically flat grounds as opposed to the hills around here

*Full control over the TV so that I can plug in the Wii Fit whenever I want (instead of fighting for time with CP)


So uhhh....here is hoping that I don't take advantage of ALL of the bad food choices available to me and use the time that I have to myself to throw myself into working out. I am bringing my Wii Fit down, along with my workout DVDs and hope to work out in the morning AND after work most days.

I have decided against training for a half-marathon, simply because I don't think that I am going to have the time, but maybe I can find a 10 mile race or half marathon that happens right before the wedding?

2 comments:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Of all the things in your list, I say having bonus time with your maid of honor easily tops the rest of them. That's going to be wonderful!

Also, as I was doing the 30-day shred yesterday, I thought of you. Jillian does offer lower-impact options for the cardio moves should you be worried about your knees. And also? She has a Wii Fit workout DVD, too, that makes use of the balance board. I might have to look into that one next!

Christina said...

It is such a difference when you have your friends a few blocks away. Plus you MOH is within arms reach.

That is going to be a lot of fun for you.

I am jealous, my moh is in NY. Thank goodness for unlimited cell to cell calls!