Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

3.31.2009

Nervous

Shortly after arriving in DC my best friend and maid of honor has informed me that I will be running in the George Washington Parkway Classic- a 10 mile race on April 26th!

I had talked previously about wanting to run a half marathon sometime before the wedding, but because I wasn't sure if I was heading down to DC and after thinking about the time needed to prepare for a race of that length, I dropped the idea. I have continued to run at the gym for the past couple of weeks though (with the exception of taking a week off when I was sick), but instead of upping my mileage, I have been constantly running 4-5 miles each time.

While that is great, I really wish that I would have known about this race so that I could have been running longer distances! I now have a month to double my mileage. Hopefully this is possible!??!

Last week I ran three times- running 4 miles each day, and then walking another mile. I was hoping to run 6 miles last Saturday, but the gym was so hot that I gave up after 4 miles.

Time to get crackin'!!

3 comments:

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

It's DEFINITELY achievable. Keep running 4-5 miles a few times during the week and do a longer run over the weekends. 6 miles this weekend. 7.5 miles the next weekend. 9.0 miles the weekend before the race. And 10 miles the week of the race. When I trained for marathons, we generally didn't start having long runs every other week until we were over our 10 mile runs. What a great idea - have fun!

Christina said...

How exciting, I know that you can do it. Nilsa has some great tips.

Libby said...

If you keep working as hard as you have been, you'll do great! Good luck!!!!!!!!