
This week I decided to try to make something from the Eat Better America website- "Healthified" Cream Cheese Brownies.
Ingredients
Filling
1 package (8 oz) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla
Filling
1 package (8 oz) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla
Brownies
1 box (1 lb 2.3 oz) Betty Crocker® fudge brownie mix
1/4 cup canola oil or unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup water
4 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1 box (1 lb 2.3 oz) Betty Crocker® fudge brownie mix
1/4 cup canola oil or unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup water
4 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in remaining filling ingredients until well blended.
2. In large bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, water, 4 egg whites and 1 teaspoon vanilla with spoon until well blended. Spread in pan.
3. Spoon filling mixture over brownie batter in pan. Cut through filling mixture and batter with knife several times for marbled design. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
4. Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until toothpick inserted in brownie 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean or almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour. For 24 brownies, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.
NOTES: I used a product called Truvia instead of sugar. I'm not sure how I first heard of it, but CP and I found it at Whole Foods. It has 0 calories and can be used instead of sugar in recipes.
Each brownie is only 160 calories with 6 grams of fat! Using Truvia probably cuts down on the calorie count too.
Difficulty level: Easy
Taste: Great! It was my first time using stevia instead of sugar and I wasn't sure if it would be sweet enough. I couldn't tell that they were lower fat at all!
Would I make it again: Definitely. I plan on bringing these into work (so that I don't eat too many!). I'm sure that my coworkers are going to go nuts over them! Despite the fact that they were lower fat, CP had rave reviews. :-)

2 comments:
Those look amazing! Glad to hear they tasted just as good!
Yummy....I've learned that if you don't tell them they are Low Fat they will never know. My fiance eats Weight Watcher recipes almost every night and he is clueless that they are healthy and good for him. What they don't know won't kill them.
Post a Comment