Anyway, Saturday morning my mom and my future mother-in-law came with me for my first dress fitting. Thank goodness they were there because they were able to explain to the seamstress what to do to the dress. We took off one of the two layers of crinoline (YAY for stupid scratchy crap gone out of my dress!), took off the ugly and tacky-looking broach on the hip, cut off most of the train (I didn’t want to deal with a bustle so the back will be just a few inches longer than floor length), added straps to hold in “the girls,” and put a small sweetheart neckline in.
I was a bit worried that I would show up for my dress fitting and hate the dress. I mean, the dress is really not something that I care about but I want to at least look good in it and have it look nice for pictures. I didn’t hate it. I don’t think that it is perfect or amazing in any way, but it is nice and plain enough and will serve its job as a wedding dress. And I won’t feel sad at all when I try to sell it!
The rest of the weekend was spent sitting in front of fans as MA went through a ridiculous heat wave. We don’t have an air conditioner for the house (just for our bedroom) – my poor parents and Fuzzy Britches!! My mom and I baked a few things together, CP sweated as he manned the grill, and we made wedding decisions. It was VERY helpful to have my mom there as she was able to help with overall decorating ideas for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. My dad was just there to goad CP into buying a new lawnmower (*sigh*).
After this weekend, I am feeling less stressed at this point about the wedding. I am not suddenly taking on DIY projects and the few things that might involve glue (like putting together our table numbers) won’t take long. :-)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
This picture isn’t particularly related to this post, but I thought that it was too cute not to post.

Fuzzy Britches with a HUGE neighbor-grown zucchini.
Our neighbor thought that we might be able to use it to make zucchini bread but my mom assured me that it was way too big! Fuzzy Britches thought that it would have made a nice toy, but we only gave it to her for pictures. :-)
3 comments:
awww...fuzzy britches is too, too cute!
i feel ya on the heatwave -- although i'm in TX, so we most definitely have an a/c. just don't want to turn it down too low b/c then the bill will be out of this world high.
Yay! I'm glad things are getting done and that your parents are helpful. And that those costs you forgot didn't put you OVER budget, at least!
It helps to have your parents there to help with some decisions. It is amazing how you get bogged down with details.
I have to get my dress cleaned before I sell it. I loved it and it was beautiful but, I don't have the space for it and I want to "pay it forward".
Post a Comment