Last night was frustrating. My goal at the mall after work? To find my current minimizer bra in a white color (I only have beige or black) so that if it showed under my wedding dress that it wouldn’t be a big deal. No such luck. While I was there, I figured I would hit up the lingerie section to maybe find something for the honeymoon.
When I hit up Victoria’s Secret, I was sad to find lingerie only in single cup sizes. As in 34B, 36D, etc. So essentially they don’t cater at all to people with big boobs. Just another reason to not buy bras there. I asked an employee if they have any DD sizes thinking maybe I could squeeze my 36DDD puppies into one and she said no, but that the negligee might run big. Riiiiiight. I decided to try it on anyway and here is where I wasn’t sure if I should laugh or cry. I’m not sure how many of you out there can relate, but trying to push, mash and manipulate your not-so-perky-boobs into a cup size two sizes too small? Is ridonkulous. And when you look in the mirror? You look like an a**hat. Boobs pushed out the side of the cup, the cup barely covering your nipple (if that)- and that’s if you are able to get the underwire fully under your boobs. I then ran into the same problem at Macy’s where their selection of items with underwire or stiff cups was lacking.
By the end of my shopping excursion I was frustrated and pissed off. Where do people with big boobs shop for lingerie? I can’t wear anything that doesn’t have underwire or stiff cups because otherwise I just look like someone on the cover of National Geographic….or a 60-year-old woman. I should be able to shop at regular stores because I am not plus size everywhere else. I know that there are others out there like me that don’t have boob jobs and need some support!
3 comments:
I have the opposite problem--I am plus size everywhere BUT my boobs. So I can never find a bra that fits me around the rib cage properly AND has B cups. They always start at C or D. Apparently larger women ALWAYS have larger boobs, according to bra-makers.
It might be annoying, but Lane Bryant might have something. Or you check online? Bare Necessities is pretty good. Also, see if there is a dedicated lingerie shop near you. They are usually very good, measure you correctly, and have lots of options. There was a great one in DC that I went to before my wedding. Of course they didn't have my size but they were able to tell me my size so I could order it online. And they had a selection of bigger cup sizes in store, too.
I have the same problem as you, even if we don't wear the same size. I feel ridiculous trying on a lot of the 'sexy lingerie' sold at stores because my chest? Looks absolutely RIDICULOUS in it.
Most of the time, I have luck at VS for regular bras. I simply don't buy negliges because they make me feel ridiculous.
Sending you positive thoughts, and I hope you can find what you're looking for!
Ugh, I so relate. At 32DDD I have an awful time finding bras (or bathing suits, or negliges).
I LOVE LOVE LOVE figleaves.com. I bought my bra-size bathing suit there and it was worth every penny. I also got my strapless corset thing for under my wedding dress there too.
I also agree with Jess, that a specialty store might help. I've found lately that even Macy's has an expanded size selection. I usually find the DDD starting at 34, so I'm out of luck, but it would work for you. They also usually have buy one get one free, which (as I'm sure you know) saves a ton of coin!
Post a Comment