Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

9.21.2009

Stuck

For the past month, I have been stuck at the same weight, unable to see a lower number in the middle column. It has been pretty frustrating because I have been working my butt off. Going to the gym during lunch and either running, using the elliptical, or doing weights. If I run or do the elliptical I have been throwing in intervals to try to mix things up. At least twice a week I also go home and want to kick Jillian Michaels during certain sections of No More Trouble Zones.* In addition, I have continued to eat the same stuff. But the scale hasn’t budged.

My solution with less than two weeks to the wedding? Low-carb diet. Yes, I know that it might not the best thing as supposedly it can lead to headaches and general crankiness from the lack of sugar, but as long as I stay within my WW points and continue to work out? Maybe it will shake up my body a bit and I can drop 5-10 lbs before the wedding. That’s what I am hoping at least….

Here’s hoping I can stay on track. Less than 20 grams of carbs a day is really low- and I had to cut out all of the fruit I had been eating. Booo! Bring on the eggs, salad and lean meats!

Has anyone does this diet before? Any tips/ suggestions?

*AND, I’m using 5 lb weights instead of the 3 lb she recommends.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Just remember that adding weight will add muscle which adds the lbs. I would also drink water and elminate any soda and alcohol. Add some fiber and veggies/fruits.

also buy a good supporting garment,they do work wonders.

Jess said...

Oh, so frustrating! Good luck!