I might be a sporadic poster from now until the wedding….I’m busier at work these days and I find that my brain is pretty fried when I try to write anything. Yesterday was a mind-numbing wedding day. After getting back from my friend’s wedding in Savannah on Sunday night, still hungover, CP and I had to wake up early to get shots. Yes, that’s just what someone wants before breakfast. Typhoid, Hepatitis A and Tetanus (with Whooping Cough). You guys have already heard the story about my last tetanus shot....I’m fairly certain that Argentina wasn’t doling out the special shot that included Whooping Cough, so I decided to get it yesterday because I guess that you are supposed to get it before you get pregnant? Not that we are trying soon, but we figured while we were there….
Anyway, for the rest of the day, CP and I whined about the soreness in our shoulders from the shots. They actually still hurt right now. :-( I was hoping to work out today, but I’m lethargic and sore and that does not put me in the workout frame of mind!
So although there isn’t a specific threat of these diseases in South Africa and Mozambique, the doctor wanted us to be protected in case something comes up. That way we don’t have to go to a hospital that puts their instruments in a tackle box (see story above) if something happens!
After that we applied and received our marriage license. A quick lunch and then meetings with our florist, photographer and DJ. Whew. They were the last of our vendor meetings and although we were dead tired by the end of the 13 hour day, it was good to get all of the them settled.
CP and I still have some major things to get done (seating chart, printing of the programs, writing our vows, putting together the favors, making the table numbers, etc.), but we have nothing planned the next two weekends so wedding stuff is our top priority! Considering we have less than three weeks now, it better be!!
1 comment:
Sounds like y'all are making some major headway with everything! Not too much longer till the wedding, either! YAY!
I'm sorry about the shots. I get allergy shots weekly, and I still hate getting them. Here's to hoping your arm and shoulders are feeling better today!
Post a Comment