Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

12.21.2009

Change of plans

Oh boy is my brain not working today. CP and I had a great weekend down in Philly (especially because the Eagles kicked butt!), but that darn snowstorm really threw us for a loop. Philly ended up getting 22 inches of snow, which meant places were fairly deserted on Saturday. No cabs or cars to speak of on the roads, so we ended up walking down the middle of main streets because they had been plowed at least once- as opposed to the unshoveled sidewalks. CP and I visited some of our favorite Philly places- for him it was lunch at Sarcone’s (he claims it is the best Italian sub) and then Monk’s for dinner. I was able to get my favorite martini of all time- the Buzz Aldrin (now called the Astronaut) at the Continental. YUM.

Because of the snowstorm, the Eagles game got pushed from 1pm to 4pm. Our plan of driving back to MA yesterday night after the game was then ruined. We ended up heading to bed after getting back from the game/ eating dinner and then waking up at 3:30am so that I could get to work on time. Luckily we hit NYC around 6am so traffic wasn’t too bad. However, my four hour commute is the longest commute of my working career! After work I will be happy to put on a new pair of pants…..the jeans that I am wearing need to go into the wash after 4 straight days of wearing them!

How was your weekend?

4 comments:

Stevie said...

We've had nothing but rain the last week or so in Seattle. Last year at this time we were all buried under 2 feet of snow. It may have shut down the city and caused a s**t storm for public transit, but I enjoyed every minute of it :-) I love walking through the snow to some cozy little pub or cafe and watching the snowflakes fall.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Awww, I'm kind of sad to have missed the snow. Sounds like a great, blog-worthy adventure. You'll forget about the lack of sleep soon enough. Just be glad you're not a consultant who has commutes like that on a weekly basis!

Roxy said...

ooo brutal... but yay on your win!

rachaelgking said...

Still, it makes for a great story. ;-)