Wow. I can’t believe that Christmas came so quickly and is now over. I didn’t step a foot into a mall the entire holiday season- which is probably why I felt like the season sped by.
CP and I spent most of the long weekend away from home. Christmas Eve was spent with his dad’s side of the family at a huge family gathering. On the way to his aunt and uncle’s house, I started crying because I felt like I was a bad wife because I wasn’t really in the Christmas-y spirit. I was sad that I didn’t get to spend Christmas with my parents for the first time in my life too. When I couldn’t quite explain why I was crying, CP started laughing at me (not in a mean way) which in turn made me realize how silly I was being. I was a little less talkative when we arrived at the party, but I’m not sure that anyone noticed. Fuzzy Britches had to stay outside the entire party because the last time we were at this house, she jumped up on the counters not once, but twice, to eat roasted vegetables and pumpkin pie. Bad Fuzzy Britches!
Christmas Day was spent with his mom’s side of the family and poor CP was roped into cooking the entire meal. It turned out great, but I felt bad that he wasn’t able to relax. His grandmother told the same 10 stories that she always does (one of the new ones in rotation is from our wedding) and his mom just rolled her eyes at her mother…..despite the fact that she does the same thing!
CP and I drove home Saturday and spent most of the day relaxing. We also opened up presents from each other and my side of the family. CP got me some baking tools- which I promptly used to make French baguettes yesterday- and a 3 day ski pass for a mountain in NH. :-)
So, how was everyone’s Christmas? What was your best present?
1 comment:
Ok, you have to give me that recipe for the baguette! It must have been so good!
I know what you mean about not feeling Christmas-y, I used to feel that way too but then I decided to start my own traditions and just focus on the people who I love. It makes it a bit easier!
Post a Comment