Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

12.16.2009

Rant

Thank goodness I have my friend J to rant about the awful state of CT. We both work here and have some of the same thoughts about this pathetic excuse for a state. Let me give you a few reasons as to why I wouldn’t be unhappy if this state suddenly disappeared:

*One of the highest property tax rates in the country.
*Oldest population in the country outside AZ and FL
*It is a pile of nothingness between Boston and NYC
*There are no big cities in this state- the few “semi-cities” are run-down and depressing
*The population of CT? White, preppy and boring.
*Despite it being a small state, you have to drive a lot to get anywhere
*The population of CT is about 3.5 million people; yet the state makes you feel so isolated.
*The state has an uppity “I’m better than you” stance towards people that are not from CT.
*Joe Lieberman is a CT senator.

The one good thing about this state? ESPN.

I could make some disparaging comments about NJ too, but CT has taken its place as the #1 place I never want to go to. I mean at least NJ has given us the magic that is Jersey Shore. Sorry people of CT…but your state sucks donkey b*lls.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I totally agree. I was in CT two weeks ago and it has not changed. I used to be in CT all the time because My BF at the time lived there.

It is such a boring dish rag state.

Jess said...

I've never lived in CT but I've visited it a few times and I always thought it was nice. Certainly it appeals to a certain lifestyle preference but it's lovely, it has a shoreline, it has good schools, and it has easy proximity to Boston and NYC. What's not to love? Plus I always love that spot near New Haven where 91 meets 95 and you see the water off to the side. So gorgeous.