An occasional series of some of the worst dates in my life and/or general disasters with the opposite sex. I am what you would call a “serial monogamist” so I didn’t go on tons of dates, instead choosing the people that I wanted to date carefully and generally dating them for a while. It’s the guys that didn’t last very long that provide the best material (or the ones that I drunkenly kissed).
Dating Disaster #5
After college I moved down to Philadelphia and in addition to working a 40 hour a week desk job, I became a promotional brand model two to three nights a week. It was a chance for me to make some extra money ($17/ hour) and head out to clubs and bars. My usual brand happened to be Marlboro which was especially frustrating because I had to talk to smokers who would automatically assume that you also smoked (I didn’t), and then proceed to blow it in your face.
Anyway, we generally went back to the same 5 bars or so every couple of weeks so some of the staff and I got to know the bartenders and bouncers fairly well since by the end of the night, we were the only sober people left in the building. That is how I met Rob (I don’t actually remember his name).
Rob was a bouncer at one of the clubs we worked and he was a cute, brown hair, tall and in-shape guy. We flirted back and forth for a while before he finally asked for my number. We talked a bit on the phone and then decided to meet up at a club in Philly on a Sunday night. I am not a club-type person, but I do like to dance every now and then (mainly when I am NOT sober) so I agreed to meet him there. Turns out that night was 18+ because the next day was a day off for high schoolers. GREEEEAT. Despite the annoying young kids that kept sweating on me, I remember having a fun time at the club with Rob. A good enough time to continue talking with him over IM and the phone.
I’m not sure if I have explained this yet, but I was very careful about who I slept with and who I hooked up with. Kissing? I would kiss almost anybody. But anything else? That was a different story- no matter how drunk I was. This attitude occasionally frustrated guys because I wanted to be in a relationship with someone if we were hooking up- nothing casual. I wasn’t planning on getting an STD from anyone! I’m not sure that is what Rob wanted. Other than the club date, I only remember us going on one other date….it ended in disaster when my purse got stolen and we had to call the management company to open my apartment to get my extra set of keys so that we could head back and grab my car. Ahhhh South Street in Philly.
So imagine my surprise when one day WHILE I AM AT WORK, Rob IMed me and wrote “So when are we going to f*ck?” I quickly shut down the window and immediately yelled at Rob for writing such a thing while I was at work. Anyone could have passed my desk and seen that message.
Needless to say, that IM ended our brief affair. He wasn’t someone that I would have considered having a long term relationship anyways….
1 comment:
Wow, what an ass. His name is certainly not worth remembering .. lol
Post a Comment