Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

12.02.2009

Why?

Why is it that people always get seriously sick in time between Thanksgiving and Christmas? In most of the country the weather is getting colder so I understand people getting the flu, colds, etc. but I am talking about illnesses that are not caused by a sudden dip in temperature.

Example: my mother is in college. It is Christmas Day and she heads out with her siblings and mother to church. Her dad stays home. The family comes home to a father, dead of a sudden heart attack.

Example: my friend’s grandmother. Just took a turn for the worse and died yesterday.

Example: my friend’s father. Had a nice Thanksgiving and then boom! Rushed to the hospital on Saturday morning with a pulmonary embolism.

So what is it? Is it stress from the holidays?

*sigh*

3 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Oh dear...that's so sad! So much loss at such a special time of the year. I wish I had the answer for you, but I don't.

justme said...

i don't have any answers for you either. unfortunately, my family has a whole "fall" thing. fortunately, it's still my favorite time of the year...but every year, for the past 8, something has happened during it.

EP said...

I don't know why, either, but I'm seeing it in my own life this year, and it breaks my heart. *hugs*