This morning I went in for another date with the dildo ultrasound and bloodwork. All of my bloodwork is looking good.
Right ovary- 21.9mm, 17.0mm, 14.9mm, and 12.8mm.
Left ovary- 22.2mm, 21.4mm, 14.4mm, and 13.2mm.
My doctor wants one more night of stims and another ultrasound and bloodwork tomorrow. I will most likely trigger tomorrow night.
I'm probably looking at only retrieving 6 follicles which is disappointing. BUT, I have to remember what I wrote just a few short weeks ago- this is a diagnostic cycle.
I should not get my hopes up on having a ton of follicles.
I should try to keep my jealousy to a minimum of my fellow RESOLVE support group member that is on the same day of stims as I am and currently had 18 (!) follicles as of Wednesday. Maybe her follicles are not as large as mine. She doesn't have the wonky hormones so that also makes a difference.
I will hope for a successful retrieval, for at least one or two of the follicles to fertilize so that I at least have something to transfer.
*sigh*
11 comments:
It is absolutely quality over quantity. Having all of them around the same size is good! Sometimes too many is a problem. It's really more important to see how many are mature. Hopefully you have 3-4!
Hey, 8 is a lot of decent follicles! You might even get more between now and then. Either way, it's great news that you are responding to the drugs. Hopefully it means you are less DOR than you think. My first cycle I didn't respond at all. Can't wait to hear how your retrieval goes!
I hope this helps. My first ivf we retrieved 23 eggs.They were crap. Quality over quantity wins the race. Hang in there!
I will just repeat that it's quality over quantity. I only had 6 eggs this last cycle. Good luck!
I got 32 eggs my first IVF and only 7 made it to 3 day embryos. That's like 20%. With my last ivf, I had almost all my eggs make it to 5 day blasts. (I think it was 10 eggs.) Much better quality.
Try not to be disappointed. I know I was (it's hard not to be) when I only got 5 eggs the first round and 3 the second round - but you know what? That whole quality vs quantity is TOTALLY important in IVF. They're growing evenly, and that is fantastic.
I second what everyone else said. Quality over quantity. Good luck.
BTW, I did some burpees in honor of you today! :)
It boggles my mind how some women get such high follicle counts. I'm with the others, quality over quantity. You are probably tired of hearing that though. I'm rooting for you and those little eggies!!
you wont be jealous is your fellow resolve group member is struck with OHSS as a result of too much stim and too many follies!
agree with others here, quality over quantity. and every round, your doc is getting more data. even if this is a bust (which it totally doesnt have to be), your doc will know more about your response to stims, your timeline, whether fert is achieved normally or whether ICSI is required, etc. lots to learn this cycle!! best wishes!!!!!
Good luck with those follies! I think even growth is an important one and looks like you're right on track there!
I love your approach as a diagnostic first cycle, but you never know how many you'll get at the end and it's all about quality not quantity
Post a Comment