This morning I went in for another monitoring appointment.
My bloodwork looks good and I have the following follicles:
Left ovary- 18.9mm,
16.8mm, 10.9mm, 10.5mm
Right ovary- 15.9mm,
11.9mm, 10.8mm, 8.5mm
I also have 5 unmeasurable follicles (aka less than 8mm).
The nurse said that I am getting close and to continue with the 375 units of Gonal f, 150 units of Menopur, and 5 units of Lupron for tonight and tomorrow night. Next monitoring appointment is Friday.
I would like more than 8 follicles when I get to retrieval, but....there is nothing I can do about how many follicles I have and I have to keep reminding myself that this is a diagnostic cycle.
CP left today for Madison, WI. He'll be there until Friday night. The nurse did say that there is a small possibility that I would trigger on Friday night. I'm crossing my fingers that I don't have to trigger Friday night because I'm worried that CP won't get home in time to give me my shot!
9 comments:
I hope those little follies grow big and catch up to the others so you have more. And hope hubby gets home in time. Hope this goes smoothly for you!!!
Those counts look great! Also, you want quality over quantity, so even if you only get 5 or 6 eggs, that's totally fine. Sounds like you're doing great and keeping your hopes up! And don't worry, if you have to trigger Friday, we will coach you through giving yourself that damn shot. :)
Hope things keep progressing nicely and your husband is home in time for the shot. You are getting so close now!
You are getting so close to ER! Just a few more days. I hope your husband will be back just in time to do the shot for you.
C'mon little follies - grow!!!
So close! Doesn't it go by fast?! Grow, follies, grow :)
Those follicles sound great to me! I echo Yeahscience with quality over quantity. You are growing GOOD eggs, not just mediocre eggs. I have lots of hope for you!
I hope they continue to grow!
I agree with everyone else about quality over quantity. That said, I started off with a lot of little ones and almost all of them ended catching up in the end. You've still got time!
I think 8 is a good number, and I agree with everyone else. Quality over quantity! And who knows? Maybe you will get one or two more out of the buch. I hope you don't have to worry about the trigger shot, but I am confused. Who is giving you the other injections with gonal F, menopur, and lupron? I am crossing my fingers for you and hoping this isn't just a diagnostic cycle!
Post a Comment