Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

8.22.2008

I'm kind of a big deal

So I'm kind of a big deal at work- it is a nice and welcome change from past jobs. I'm not a huge fan of the almost two hour commute every day as it does cut into the amount of time BF and I spend at night. After we get done making dinner there are only two hours or so to check email, check Google Reader, and play my words on Scrabble Beta/ Wordscraper.* I'm sure that as soon as I get my computer at work that time at night on the computer will decrease as I can do some of these things during the day.

How much of a go-getter are you at work? My boss got into a car accident on Tuesday nights, cracking a couple of her ribs. She still came into work on Weds morning to go to a meeting. I was shocked. I went to the meeting with her...had to drive the company car (felt bad driving over every bump in the road), carry her bag, etc. Although she promised that she would show up, clearly there was no need for her to go. Thankfully she left after the meeting and hasn't been back to the office.

I think that if I was to get into a car accident, I would not come into the office the next day! At my first job after college, I didn't want to lose any vacation time so I came into the office with strep throat three days in a row. I would do a few hours of work, and would then be ordered home by my boss. Strep throat is very different from cracked ribs though- not to mention my ulterior motives in coming into work.

Here's hoping she is feeling better soon as early next week we have a conference at [redacted] casino. Too bad there will be no time to gamble! I wish that I could tell you guys more about my job- what I do, where I do it, the awesome programs that I am involved with, but I don't really want that information all over the internets. Needless to say, I am happy as a clam and feel that I am actually helping people with my work. It's a great feeling. :-)


*I have decided that I don't like either of them and will be deleting both apps on Facebook. Bring back scrabulous!

3 comments:

Lacey Bean said...

Wow, your boss is hardcore!!

SaneAndSingle said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying your job! And there is no way in hell I would have been at work with cracked ribs!

So@24 said...

Apps on FB are the worst anyway. Good riddance.

And your boss is kind of badass