Well people...I hate to say it, but I don't think that I will be getting an engagement ring any time soon. I know that I had discussed it here, but I have a bit of an update. This past weekend BF and I were chilling on Friday night, relaxing and drinking after a long week of work. I don't quite remember how it came up, but I joked about getting engaged. BF then said, "what makes you think that we are going to get engaged soon?" When I looked over, he looked completely serious. Ummmm that would be us looking at ENGAGEMENT RINGS back in June.
I am not pressuring BF in any way to get engaged right now. But why go ring shopping almost three months ago if you are not at least thinking about it? Why ask me if you need to ask my parents for my hand in marriage? I'm very confused.
There are two possibilities. 1. That BF really isn't thinking that he is going to propose any time soon. This would mesh with a discussion we had this past spring about BF "not being in any rush" to get engaged.* 2. That BF is trying to throw me off the trail, as he does love surprises. I obviously hope that this is the right one. Maybe I didn't see a statement from one of the jewelers? Only time will tell......
*Which is why I was so surprised that we did go look at rings.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So continuing on the subject of getting engaged, I have had some funny thoughts lately. As I mentioned before, I really never thought about getting engaged while growing up. But after the bar, I kept thinking that it would happen. Obviously, it hasn't yet.
But the oddest thoughts keep popping in my head. We passed by a bridal festival sign last weekend and I thought, "BF should pop the question before this festival so that I can go." Or thoughts like, "we should get engaged soon because planning a wedding takes about a year. What if we decide on a summer wedding? If he doesn't propose soon then we will have to wait until 2010 to get married."
Ummm where the hell are these crazy thoughts coming from???
5 comments:
You and I are totally in the same place. Bones and I have actually purchased my ring (it had to be custom done so it's not going to be in-hand for a while and he's a ring-in-hand kinda guy), but as to when we're getting engaged/married? No effing clue.
Fortunately, he lets me bounce ideas off him now. I think this is mostly because he knows the second we're officially engaged I won't be able to stop my mother (and sister) from running their mouths and let me tell you, THEY HAVE OPINIONS.
My advice to you is to just find a little zen. It really doesn't matter that much. Trust me.
Sounds like you have the wedding bug! Maybe BF wants it to be a total surprise so he wants the thought out of your head!
Someone is getting the itch to get married. It's awesome and exciting and will happen with time. And just remember ... if the itch doesn't go away and BF doesn't step up ... you should talk about it with him more. Remember, you do have some control still in this situation despite feeling like everything is in his hands.
I think he's trying to throw you off the trail! At least you have a jeweler's statement. I've pretty much got nothin' and I'm planning my wedding. Bad idea.
Hey! Found you through a blog day recommendation (Perks of being a JAP). Anyhow, sounds like he's totally trying to throw you off track.
I'm waiting for the question too. We've looked at rings. And this weekend he asked how long I would need to plan a wedding. I said nine months but we all know that is a big fat lie. He wants to get married next summer... but still no ring. Boys.
Post a Comment