Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

8.11.2008

Perks make me happy

Holy crap am I excited about my new job. I'm sure that my excitement is going to wane as it IS a job, but for now, I can't wait to start in a week. I went in to sign papers for HR last Thursday and found out some cool things:

*There is a gym in our building that we get to use for free. No excuses now! I just have to figure out whether I want to go before or after work.

*I get money towards my park & ride commute. In fact, the stipend will probably pay for the whole monthly pass. I'm still trying to figure out what bus is going to be the best, but I was worried that I was going to have to drive the entire way. That way the bus driver gets to deal with the winter conditions and/or traffic- not me!

*There is a possibility that I could telecommute up to two days a week once they get me up and running. Sa-weet! Doing work in my pajamas? Sleeping in a little later because I won't have a commute? Sign me up!

*Fridays are dress down days. Also awesome. Although we are allowed to wear jeans, I think that I will abstain from jeans at least the first couple of weeks. I want to give off a more "professional" image.

*Most of the managers (including the regional manager) are women. I really like working for women.

I am very lucky in that I was able to snag a job before graduation. A lot of my fellow J.D. holders have not been as lucky because of the crappy economy. I am counting the days until my first (real) paycheck in over three years. The second week of September can't come soon enough!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your new job is so full of such awesome perks! I'm jealous! :)

Nilsa S. said...

In this economy, those are some sweet perks. Live it up! And congrats!