Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

8.04.2008

Watermelon salad recipe

BF and I tried a new salad last night that I thought I would share with you. I would highly recommend it. Watermelon and goat cheese might not sound like a good combination, but it was delicious. I didn't use the hazelnuts as I don't eat a lot of nuts and I used romaine lettuce instead of watercress (still getting used to the new grocery store). If watermelon is not your thing, the citrus vinagrette dressing was very tasty and could be used with a different salad.

Watermelon & Goat Cheese Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette‏

INGREDIENTS

3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper
8 cups watercress
4 cups diced seedless watermelon
1/4 cup very thinly sliced red onion
2 ounces goat cheese
1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts

DIRECTIONS

Whisk oil, orange juice, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl until well combined. Add watercress, watermelon and red onion; toss to coat. Divide among 5 plates. Top with goat cheese and hazelnuts to serve.

1 serving: Calories 224; Carbohydrates 13g; Cholesterol 5mg; Dietary Fiber 2g; Fat 18g (Monounsaturated Fat 12g, Saturated Fat 3g); Sodium 171mg

No comments: