Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

8.04.2008

My girl card is gone

So yesterday as BF and I headed to the store to check out some tables, I had a thought that I probably shouldn't be shopping and instead I should be studying for THE BAR. *sigh* After three years of law school and then two months straight of studying for THE BAR I guess it is just ingrained in my head. Here's hoping those thoughts go away soon.

So shopping with BF? I should have known better. He claims to have an aversion to the mall. I think that this is true only when he is shopping for clothes. He wants to get in and out as quickly as possible. Home furnishings however? Holy f*cking sh*t. We shopped for EIGHT HOURS yesterday. Yes, you read that right. Part of that time was driving and we did stop to have lunch but the fact that we were gone all day shopping? Ugh.

We did get some things that were badly needed. Curtains for our front window so that we can watch porn (just kidding). Lamps. Plants. Etc. The most annoying part of our day? Shopping for plates. When we left the west coast, we ended up giving all of our plates away to the Salvation Army because we only had a few left. We must have gone to 5 or 6 different stores looking at plates. Some were too expensive, some were too ugly, some were too hard to care for (not microwaveable), etc. Luckily, we found plates at the last store we went to that we both agreed on and were not too expensive. And thank goodness!

During our search we joked that we wouldn't be using the plates very long as we would register for nicer ones for the wedding. And after the day we had shopping for home furnishings? I don't even know if I want to register anywhere!*

*Oh who am I kidding? Who doesn't want free stuff!

4 comments:

Matt said...

8 hours?

good god.

Poor guy.

Nilsa S. said...

My fiance and I spent a solid day registering. At only 2 stores. It was the longest day of our lives. Seriously stress, too. One bit of advice: talk about what you need/want before you go. It would've helped us think things through once we got to the store!

Non Sequitur Chica said...

Matt- actually, BF wasn't complaining at all. I was the one that was cranky and wanting to go home.

SaneAndSingle said...

Oh goodness, I hate shopping! LOL