Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

10.20.2008

Another recipe

CP and I made this easy recipe last week and it was DELICIOUS! I would highly recommend it!


Turkey and Spaetzle Soup

1 lb ground turkey
1 egg
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cans (14 oz each beef broth)
2 cups water
3/4 cup apple cider
1 large apple, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
spaetzle (see below)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Spaetzle
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1/4 cup milk or water
1/4 teaspoon salt
dash of pepper


Recipe:
In a medium bowl, mix turkey, egg, bread crumbs, sage, salt and pepper. Shape mixture into 1-inch meatballs. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Cook meatballs in oil 6 to 8 minutes, turning frequently, until brown; drain.

Stir broth, water, apple cider, apple and salt into meatballs. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.

Heat meatball mixture to boiling. Make spaetzle batter. Use spoon to drop batter into soup. Stir once or twice to prevent sticking. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until spaetzle rise to surface and are tender. Stir in parsley.

2 comments:

Christina said...

What time can I come over. That sounds so good!

Anonymous said...

It sounds delicous! I am going to try it - thanks!