Last night, I had my first wedding nightmare. It was the day of our wedding. I was riding on a trolley with a bunch of our wedding guests to the ceremony.* I looked at my watch and realized that there was only ONE HOUR until the ceremony. I had no idea where my bridesmaids were. My hair and makeup was not done. I had not put on my dress.
To my friends I kept joking that I was going to be late to my own wedding.....while in my head I was kicking myself. I realized that I hadn't planned ANYTHING for our wedding. We obviously sent out invitations as my friends were there, but I realized that other than finding a place for our ceremony and reception, we had not done anything else. I thought, you had a freakin YEAR to plan this wedding and you did NOTHING????
This morning I woke up and told CP that I had a wedding nightmare. He told me that I shouldn't stress about our wedding- especially when it is a year away! While I agree, I know myself...and stress will be part of the process. I just have to resign myself to that fact.
*Note: We will NOT be having a trolley for our wedding.
1 comment:
Nightmares already? Oh my. Somehow, I've avoided all terrible dreams about the wedding. I guess the best thing you can do to combat the stress is stay organized. Do as much as you can on your own (versus hoping others will do it for you). And give yourself mandated breaks from wedding plans (take a month off in the early going and weekends off as it gets closer). Those strategies have definitely helped me keep a cool head about it all.
Post a Comment