Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

10.24.2008

Family weekend #2

This weekend is the second weekend of three straight weekends of FAMILY! Last weekend CP’s dad, dad’s girlfriend, aunt, and uncle all came down to our house for a visit. We went to a small town festival before making a huge and delicious Indian food feast. Everyone was very impressed with CP’s saag paneer-making abilities because how many people do you know make saag paneer from scratch? I was supposed to make naan, but didn’t get a chance during the week to test out the recipe, so we used store-bought stuff. Then we proceeded to drink a lot of wine. Old people are fun when you drink wine with them!

Sunday we went to Quabbin Reservoir with them and walked around for 2.5 hours with Fuzzy Britches. The fall foliage was great and the weather turned out to be really nice for a walk.

Tonight we will be driving down to Jersey to visit my aunt and uncle. When I lived in Philly I used to regularly drive to see them, but it has been five years since I lived within driving distance- way too long in my book! Fuzzy Britches gets to come along and will hopefully play nice with their dogs. My aunt has promised cider-making fun tomorrow, along with a dinner party that night. They always have ridiculously amazing food and wine….so I suspect that the time spent at the gym this week will be for naught. But completely worth it!

I know that my aunt is excited to see the ring (she was a jeweler) and hear about all of our wedding plans. The problem is….we haven’t done anything or made any new decisions.

No comments: