As I was a little bored at work yesterday, I googled where we are having our ceremony and reception to see if people had posted reviews or had anything to say about the place. I found good reviews on Trip Advisor which made me happy (especially because we have yet to taste the food….and they don’t allow outside caterers). I also found a website for some couple that had their reception at the Inn this past June. I sent the couple a message through their website and asked what they thought of the place- hopefully they will respond with positive feedback.
However, I am a bit nervous about a post that I found through my google search on a knot-like website. It said:
[name of couple that runs Inn redacted]
[city redacted, NH]
You suck at hosting weddings.
This post was from 2004. What happened????? So I (of course) signed up for the site in order to email the girl and asked why she felt this way. Hopefully she gets back to me and it is not too bad!
CP and I got a good vibe from the couple- we get to take over the place for the entire weekend and it is in a lovely spot. Although, we are a little worried that we booked the place without getting 2009 pricing. We were just so excited about the place….and the couple kept assuring us that prices were not going to go up that much…more just to cover costs. As a lawyer, I knew that I should get prices and such in writing before handing over a deposit, but (sigh) we didn’t.
The Inn doesn’t usually have weddings on the weekend that we picked because it is during fall foliage and they sell out every year. In order to get the weekend, we had to promise that we would fill all of the rooms (there are only 17- the rooms on the property will be filled by immediate family, bridesmaids, and groomsmen) and have our rehearsal dinner there (which we were going to do anyway).
But now I am worried. I hope these girls get back to me…….and soon.
4 comments:
Please do not get yourself all in a tizzy because there are two complaints over a four year period. Come on. You have way better things to worry about than one person who sounds like a troll and another couple that may have just been difficult to please.
agreed. Disregard the 2004 item. It's highly likely they improved since then, or it really was one hard-to-please couple. It's just like reading hotel reviews by consumers, you want to pay attention to the most recent ones. Enjoy your planning and congrats!
Monica
Remember too, that if people had a good experience, they're less likely to go back on the interweb and write it up. I think 2 complaints over 4 years is actually a pretty stellar record.
I agree with the others - don't worry about one or two unhappy campers. You have to remember there's so much going on with weddings that "fault" can lie in a number of places, including within (i.e., could've been the bride's fault!).
Second, one of the bargain wedding books I used as a resource said, get CURRENT pricing locked in. LOTS of vendors do it ... and if the inn isn't willing to do that, then get them to agree to a "not to exceed x%" ... otherwise, you could be in for a rude awakening. It doesn't hurt to do a little bargaining now, when things are still low pressure.
Post a Comment