Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

10.01.2008

The one where I am down on myself

Yesterday I decided that I needed to join a gym- ASAP. I am sick of waiting for my building badge to come in from the other office so that I can use the free gym downstairs. Last week while at my conference I got to use the hotel gym and it was glorious. I haven't tried to run since July and was pretty damn proud of myself that I was able to run a mile anyway.

Also pushing me into this decision to join the YMCA near work is the fact that I feel like a fat cow. This is not helping our sex life. CP came in the bathroom while I was showering and all I could think of was "suck your stomach in! I hope that he doesn't look at my ass as it is HUGE." Etc. Not good. So, at lunch today I walked over to the nearby YMCA and signed up. I can't wait to go to the gym this morning!!!!

And then this morning as I was packing up my lunch CP said "wow that is a lot of food in there!" Way to kick me when I am already feeling shitty about my body. He didn't mean to make me feel like shit but he truly did.

-Breakfast is a 100 calorie bagel with a little butter
-Mid-morning snack is a banana
-Lunch is a lean cuisine, a small can of corn (I know this is weird but I seriously LOVE corn). Sometimes I bring a 100 calorie snack pack or a piece of fruit. I also have a small sugar free jello (only 10 calories)
-Mid-afternoon snack- grapes.

Seeing as how I am gone from the house from 7am to about 6pm every day I don't think that this is a lot of food. Plus, everything I read talks about eating (healthy) snacks throughout the day in order to keep your metabolism running. Your thoughts on the food I brought to work today?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I would have punched Stephen square in the face if he made a comment like that to me, but men say stuff all the time without realizing what it is they're saying.

When I went on a really serious diet, I started a separate blog and wrote down what I ate every day. It helped a lot.

Libby said...

i think its a guy thing. they say stuff & it just comes out wrong (& usually at the complete wrong moment, too).

i need to join a gym, too. we have a fitness center at our apts, but it is under construction right now. i've been walking, but i'm missing the elliptical trainer (i know, crazy, huh?).

it did not sound like a lot of food either...

Christina said...

It may *seem* like a lot of food but it is heathly food. You are giving yoru body the nurishment that you need.

I bring a bag of almonds to work and when I have the mid morning munchies, I take a handful.

Good luck at the Y. We stated a new gym yesterday and it is good to get back on track.

Nilsa S. said...

My fiance has made similarly innocent, but hurtful remarks. It's been one of those "transitions" we've had to get used to - learning when joking is not appropriate. That amount of food? I'd argue is not enough to get you through the day.