Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

10.07.2008

Loves for fall

It is starting to get colder here in MA. As in, yesterday was a high of 50 degrees. I'm feeling in a "listy" mood, so here are the things that I am excited about in the fall season:

*Turning leaves. I haven't seen a long period of fall foliage for four years (basically since I lived in Philly).

*Apple cider. CP and I can go through a jug of it in a very short period of time.

*Cooler temperatures. Okay, so I am totally not ready for a MA winter, but I do love fall temperatures. Bundling up in sweaters (including my new sweater from Target), laying on the couch wrapped in blankets, snuggling in bed under the covers, etc. I'm sure that I am going to be doing a lot these things until late spring!

*Eating a lot of squash. CP makes a great butternut squash soup with ginger in it. Not to mention, I have a great cookbook for just vegetables (which just happens to have tons of recipes for all different kinds of squash).

*Football, obviously. Let's not talk about the fact that the Eagles are not having a good start to the season.

*The fact that fuzzy britches gets excited about everything. With the cooler weather she suddenly has tons of energy and it is hilarious! Not to mention that she likes to sit on our feet- thus saving us from buying slippers!

*Eating more soup! I love soup!!!

*Moving from drinking Sauvignon Blancs/ Torrontes into Pinot Noirs. Our favorite? Seven Terraces Pinot Noir from New Zealand.

*Not sweating after I get out of the shower from the heat and humidity.

2 comments:

Nilsa S. said...

I heart fall, too. And this year? I'm looking forward to settling into married life without the worries of planning our wedding! =)

Jess said...

I'm so excited about fall too. Although currently the heat in our building is still off and getting out of the shower is a miserable, freezing experience.