Christina asked: What is the best wedding planning advice you have received so far?
The best wedding advice I have received so far is to have a sweetheart table during the reception. Some people may not like this idea as it does attract a lot of attention towards the couple, but married friends told me that it was their best decision. The wedding day is a whirlwind; having a sweetheart table allows the couple 10 or 15 minutes of time together before pulled in 20 different directions. It might also give us a chance to have a quick bite of food!
Libby asked: What is your favorite place? Why do you like to go there?
I am in a travel mindset right now as CP and I are trying to figure out where to go on our honeymoon, so I will answer this question two ways. First up- my favorite place that I have traveled. I have been lucky to have traveled a lot in my 29 years. There is one place in the world that I have been awe-struck and unable to form complete sentences because of the beauty that surrounded me. That place was Perito Moreno glacier in Calafate, Argentina. It is one of the only glaciers in the world that is advancing, not retreating. Friends from my study abroad program and I were supposed to have gone on a boat trip right up to the glacier, but unfortunately we hit bad weather on the flight out from Buenos Aires so we missed the tour. Instead, we hired a cab driver, woke up really early, and drove out to the glacier in time for sunrise. I can’t even explain the amazing-ness of it all as the sun started to rise and hit the mountains that surrounded the glacier. Although it was winter time in June (remember, south of the equator= opposite season), every once in a while you would hear a thundering sound as ice broke off from the glacier and fell into the water.
The other way of answering this question is to tell you my favorite place that I go to regularly. I could go the sappy route and say “home” because that is where I get to spend time with CP and Fuzzy Britches…..but I do not want to induce vomiting on the part of my readers and home is not always my favorite place to be because it means having to do the dishes, laundry, etc. Because we just moved to our area two months ago, I still do not have a favorite place in MA. I suspect that it will end up being a park (either local or state) close by to our house where we can take the dog hiking and get some exercise.
No comments:
Post a Comment