Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

7.06.2010

Random happenings

Sadly, I am without my wedding ring for the next month or so. While CP and I were up in New Hampshire this past weekend I went to the store where he bought my engagement ring to get it checked out (it continues to be under warranty as long as I get it checked out every 4 months) and cleaned. As a courtesy, the woman also checked out and cleaned my wedding ring bought from a different store. Sadly, she gave me some bad news. A part of one of the diamonds in my wedding band was missing. I checked it out under the microscope and indeed- a part of the diamond had been shaved off!! CP and I brought the ring in on Monday to the original store and they are going to have it fixed for free. Which of course, they should. I mean, I have been wearing that ring for less than a year!! According to the store manager, the specific diamond looks like it wasn’t set correctly and therefore more at risk for it breaking. I’m still not sure how part of a diamond breaks off....

----------------------------------------------

Yesterday I got an unexpected phone call from our realtor. Despite the fact that it took the relocation company so long to sign the purchase agreement and then get it back to us, the inspection is due 10 days after the company signed, not when we received the contract back. That means that the inspection must be done before Thursday night. Unexpectedly, CP has been summoned to OH for work so we had to rush around trying to get an inspector to come this morning so that CP could make the inspection before he flies out. Thankfully we found someone and he didn't find anything too bad in the house.
-----------------------------------------------

Last night I got to hang out with two ladies I went to college with and it was fantastic. One of them is nine months pregnant and ready to pop, the other has three boys. I hadn't seen one of these ladies in probably 6 or 7 years so it was fun to catch up with her and hear about her kids. A lot of the discussion was focused on pregnancy, giving birth, etc which was interesting, but I of course had nothing to add. It was a little awkward when I was asked if CP and I were interested in having kids and when. Even though I don't think that either of these ladies would go blabbing to mutual friends that we were trying, I kept true to my promise to CP and demurred when the question came my way.

----------------------------------------------
Speaking of babies, I should find out next week if we are pregnant or not (if my cycle is the same as last month). I just want next week to hurry up and get here already!! (Despite the knowledge that I am probably going to be disappointed.)
----------------------------------------------
Tomorrow night we have four people coming to check out our rental house to see if they want to rent it after we move out. We have been promised a break on our rent by our landlord for helping him out. If the people tomorrow night don't work out, we have five more (!!) coming on Sunday afternoon. It's a good excuse to keep the house clean, but also seriously annoying on a work night. All I will want to do is lay around watching tv (especially in this awful heat with only two window AC units!), not small talk with random people while showing them the house. Oh well, it's a necessary evil....
What random happenings are going on in your world?

3 comments:

Stevie said...

Glad the inspection turned out ok! So exciting!

I'm not sure if I would've been able to keep my mouth shut during the pregnancy/childbirth/baby talk. You're much stronger than I am :-)

Bummer about your ring. Hopefully they'll fix it easily and it won't happen again.

Roxy said...

Think POSITIVE! The power of the mind is amazing in medicine. If you want to become pregnant, will it, wish it, believe you already are... and honestly... relax about it.

Enjoy everything else in life and the big news will come.

Congrats on everything else!

Christina said...

That is awesome that you were able to get an inspector out, they really help and have some good ideas.

My latest random bit, is that I am in a totally diy mode and want to work on about 7 home improvement projects.