The relocation company finally signed the purchase agreement and the 10,000 other documents they required so we have a contract! Maybe it’s because the whole process has been sloooow to get going, but I don’t think that it has dawned on me that we are going to be moving. To CT. Next month. Crazy.
So, I’m not quite freaking out yet, but we have a lot of stuff to pack up. Luckily we saved all of our boxes from wedding gifts (our basement currently looks like a graveyard for Macy’s boxes) so we don’t have to worry about that. We have furniture pads saved from our last move cross country. And unlike other moves, this one can be done over two to three weeks (depending on if we make our August 6th closing date or not). After the closing, I will be able to pack up my car every night when I get home, drive into work and then drop the stuff off before heading back to MA. That will make the large furniture moving day(s?) easier. We will be staying in our rental house until the end of August so we won’t have to rush too much.
But yeah. Despite the “easier” move we have in front of us, CP and I should probably start to prepare for it!
2 comments:
Great news, Congrats!
Let the packing begin!
What a relief - yay! I always thought having all that overlap time would be helpful. But, when you're straddling two different homes for a month, it begins to feel like you're living out of a suitcase and sleeping on air mattresses (even though you likely aren't)! Good luck with all things to come!
Post a Comment