Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

12.29.2008

Holiday season= useless at work

I don’t know about you guys, but I am personally useless today at work. Once again, there are only a few of us and no one seems to be doing much of anything. I can barely keep my eyes open as the trip to Chicago had CP and me running around town the entire time.


Good things from the holiday break:
*CP got to meet 3 cousins, their spouses and my aunt and uncle. He fit in very well with them (as I knew he would) and seemed to have a good time on Christmas.

*CP and I worked out Christmas Day before eating all of the bad food at my aunt’s house. I think that the trainer overdid the amount of abs we did last Tuesday though….for two days I was walking around Chicago thinking that I had a hernia or something. I don’t think that my abs have ever been that sore! Hopefully we do not do the decline ab workout any time soon….

*Despite the bad food on Christmas night, CP and I ate fairly healthy for the past 5 days. Lots of fruit in the mornings and fish at restaurants led to me not gaining any weight over the holiday weekend. Score!

*Laying on the couch yesterday watching the Bears and Bucs lose AND the Eagles kill the Cowboys which means the Eagles snuck into the playoffs despite the horrible game they played against the Redskins the week before. YAY!!!! Here's hoping the Eagles from yesterday show up against the Vikings in the first round of the playoffs!


Bad things from the holiday break:
*Having to wake up at 6:30am after getting to bed at 3am Sunday morning to catch our flight back east. I passed out in the car on the way to the airport, and was praying that I didn’t puke on the plane. I was sitting next to two kids and didn’t want them to be exposed to a traumatic experience such as that. They were really well behaved the entire time and it was a joy to sit next to them, even in the awful state I was in.

*My parents said that my 30th birthday present was going to be waiting for me when I got home for Christmas. When I asked about it, my mom realized that she had forgotten and felt horrible. I made a joke about it when we were at my aunt’s house on Christmas and after we got home, my mom started crying because she felt so bad. Yikes. I felt awful that my mom felt so bad when I was just joking around about the omission. :-(

*Although I did work out on Thursday, my muscles were extremely sore and not wanting to work while on the treadmill. Despite shaving two minutes off my five mile time at the race in Baltimore on the 20th, I was struggling to run two miles only days later. And then my knee started to hurt. *sigh*

2 comments:

Shila Shila and Cult Jam said...

I'm having a useless day at work myself. Perfect for catching up on blogs though! So, I'm not complaining...

PS. I'm impressed by your workout/eating arrangement even during the holidays. JEALOUS!!!!

chickbug said...

E-A-G-L-E-S...EAGLES!!!!