Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

12.12.2008

I hate losing

Earlier this week I went to the ear, nose and throat doctor to see why the test results for my middle ear were so different from the rest of my hearing results. Well, it turns out that my middle ear is fine and the woman just read the test results incorrectly. Thanks for needlessly making me worry and use some of my sick time to go to an appointment lady! The doctor did say that maybe I have a “listening” problem and that is why I have to ask people to repeat things so often. CP just laughed after I told him….and then promptly agreed with the doctor’s assessment. Grrrrr.

The doctor couldn’t explain why I had ear pain or why things sound muffled because my ear pressure was normal. He mentioned that it could possibly be my body adjusting from the move from the west coast, but that doesn’t make much sense to me since it was seven months ago! Overall, good news that there is nothing wrong with my ears.

However, last night the trainer had CP and I try to run a 10 minute mile again on the treadmill. Once again, I missed making it by .04 of a mile (to be fair, in the last minute the trainer had me slow down because she wanted me to be able to do the exercises that she had planned later on), while CP made it this time (jerk). While his heart rate went down 10 points, my heart rate was still high at 178. Is this something I should be worried about? The trainer seems to want to watch that number and is confused as to why mine did not go down at all.

Oh and boys suck. CP has already lost 4 pounds and has now moved to a tighter belt hole. He did concede that the belt was 10 years old and it probably stretches, but still. I know that I shouldn’t compare myself, my weight loss, etc. to his, but that is virtually impossible with my competitive nature.

2 comments:

EP said...

I'm glad there's nothing wrong with your ear!

I know how you feel about losing. I HATE it. And whenever my boy and I compete it something like exercise, he always wins. And he loses weight faster, too. It's aggravating.

At least he's there pushing you to do better, right?

SaneAndSingle said...

I had something wrong with my ear, and the doctor kept telling me that there was no pressure, etc. It turns out that I have TMJ and it has caused ear issues! Maybe you should ask about that.

I also went to the doctor this week, because I had a TERRIBLE sore throat. You know what the doctor told me?? "Your throat is red." Yeah, that is what he told me! Well, duh! That's why I'm here, doc!

Oh and boys and their stupid rapid weight loss! Ugh...