Yesterday CP and I came to a realization that we have been spending way too much money recently. We finally uploaded Quicken to figure out where most of our money was going. Turns out, it is mostly going towards food. We haven’t been eating out that much (partly because there isn’t anywhere exciting to go), but we freely put grocery tabs on our joint credit card without even thinking about it. Not to mention the $300 we just spent at Whole Foods for Thanksgiving….
So with our new smoothie diet (we will be now be having smoothie for breakfast AND lunch to try to maximize weight loss), we will hopefully curb our food spending. We have a lot of frozen meals in our two freezers so we will start to chip away at that food for a while before buying any new food. We don’t want to have debt hanging over us when we are on our honeymoon because we know that we will be spending a bunch while in Equator/ the Galapagos. Plus, we are planning to definitely move back to our west coast city sometime in 2010 so that CP can get his MBA.
I also took a look at my personal credit card and realized that I can’t use it anymore. Right now I am paying just over the minimum and not putting much of a dent in the balance. This is not good. I am pretty sure that I am simply going to take it out of my wallet so that I don’t even think of using it. No more clothes, shoes, etc. for a couple of months because my work wardrobe is fairly new. I kept pants that I wore for law school internships in case I lost weight so I don’t have to worry about buying more when I do start to lose this weight. Plus, that might be a while before I move down a size because all of my current pants fit well….that is until I eat something.
3 comments:
I know how that goes. I've been cutting back recently, and I'm thankful that I have A LOT of frozen food in my freezer. I figure I can slowly make my way through that and just buy milk, eggs and cereal at the grocery store. *shrugs*
How's it going so far?
I hate how expensive healthy foods are.
I really do want to go to whole foods but it is so expensive...I rarely can!
I just posted about saving money today and most of the tips are about food. It's amazing what a moneysuck eating is.
Post a Comment