On Saturday CP’s mom got married to a man that she has been dating for five years. After the reception CP and her new husband had a small party back at their house for most of the guests. Because they had food leftover, CP’s mom handed us cookies, brownies, and other assorted desserts to take back to CP’s dads house. On the way back to his dad’s house, CP and I both agreed that it would be really weird to bring desserts to his dad from his mom’s wedding reception. I was surprised that she would even think to give them to her ex husband. I don’t think that she meant it in a mean way, but was it a small in-your-face to her ex? We decided to leave them in the car and bring them into work this week.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Poor CP can tolerate his new stepfather, but both he and his sister reported that the new man in their mom’s life was trying to get touchy-feely with them. Saying that now that they are family, that he wants to have a better relationship with them. *Awkward* Both CP and his sister are not huge fans of the guy, but are nice to him because their mom loves him. Although my parents might not have a perfect relationship, I am thankful that they are still together. Divorced parents make everything so difficult. CP and his sister are both over 30 years old so a stepparent is not really necessary….not to mention their father is still alive and well so they also don’t need a fatherly figure in their life.
I think that CP is going to want to keep his interaction with the stepfather to a minimum while we still live on the east coast and hopefully it is just his mom that comes to visit after we move back out west!!
1 comment:
My boyfriend and his sisters are the same way with their mom's boyfriend. (He calls himself her fiance... whatever I dont see a ring or them getting married anytime soon). No one is super fond of him, but he treats their mom well, and she is happy with him so they are happy for her. And he's nice to me, so I have no complaints.
Post a Comment