Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

12.16.2008

Winter help

Dear readers,
Now that I am 30 years old, I feel as though my winter accessories simply do not cut it anymore. I no longer live in a "young" town and I am supposed to be taken seriously at work. So when I show up at work in a hat like this?

And wear gloves that look like this?

Needless to say.....it just doesn't scream "professional." So readers, are you more stylish than me (believe me, it's not hard)? Can you help me find some more professional attire?

I do have some stipulations. My ears get cold REALLY quickly. So any hat that I buy needs to have ear flaps or some kind of contraption that covers my ears. My fingers are the same way. The gloves that I buy need to be warm.

Help me be more professional!!!

Love,

Non Sequitur Chica

5 comments:

Christina said...

Are you warm with the hat and gloves? If so keep them. It is not like you wear them at the office cause that will be a different story.

Target has some cute options that you may consider if you are looking for a change.

But me, I am more warmth over fashion...for the most part.

Jess said...

Unless your office is super buttoned up you can probably pull off wearing that stuff since you only wear it coming and going. I do have cute knitted gloves from the Gap, though. Maybe check there? And I second the Target idea.

chickbug said...

I'm going with the crowd here. Who cares!? I say just wear what you usually do...your style makes you who you are. Whether you are 29 or 30. =)

Shila Shila and Cult Jam said...

I've found some really good-looking tailored coats with hoods that can keep your ears warm.

Miss A said...

I live in Canada, and we just went through a massive cold snap. I also work in a professional setting and showed up in a thick parka, thick gloves. No one batted an eyelash.

Keeping warm should be your main concern, not looking "professional". Your professional clothes are all underneath those items... it's not like your walking around all day wearing your parka and gloves!