Out came the headlamps and hand-crank lantern we bought after Hurricane Irene. We grabbed bags full of wood to start the fire. Heavy snow mixed with the leaves still on our trees spelled disaster. Soon after we started to hear tree limbs crack and fall down to the ground- at least one every five minutes. That continued through Sunday morning.
Our street is a mess
At least the dogs are enjoying the snow (Sunday morning)
Buster's first snow (he LOVED it)!The first two nights we slept downstairs on the floor in front of the fire in our sleeping bags with the dogs. Last night we decided to sleep upstairs in our bed because the low was only going to be 30 (only! Ha ha) and our backs were a little sore. CP was able to procure a generator from a coworker yesterday so we were able to save the hundreds of dollars of homemade food and CSA beef in our downstairs freezer. Work has power so I have been there the past two days. Going into work means the ability to take a hot shower and the chance to plug in my phone.
There are no estimates on when we will get our power back and my town looks like a war zone. Things could be worse though. We have tons of limbs down in our front and backyard from neighbor’s trees, but nothing hit our house or cars. It would just be nice to have power….and heat….and grocery stores/gas stations/ATMs/etc. open.
There are no estimates on when we will get our power back and my town looks like a war zone. Things could be worse though. We have tons of limbs down in our front and backyard from neighbor’s trees, but nothing hit our house or cars. It would just be nice to have power….and heat….and grocery stores/gas stations/ATMs/etc. open.

5 comments:
Yikes! You guys stay warm!!
You poor thing! I thought this kind of thing only happened here in Michigan! LOL
I hope you get power soon...until then keep warm!
What a mess! Can't believe it's snowed so much so early I'm the season already. Fingers crossed that doesn't mean worse weather is yet to come.
Stay warm!
I'm also crossing my fingers that this isn't an omen for the rest of winter. We lost our power at 4 on Saturday too, got it back at 4am on Tuesday. I've never, ever seen destruction like this before. Way worse than Irene was, that's for sure. Also, I'm still in shock that it snowed in October. WTF, mother nature??
Wowza, take care!
Luckily, you have adorable doggies to help keep you warm and entertained!
Post a Comment