Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

8.14.2015

Insanity Week 3

Week 3 went pretty well despite being too tired to get up to do the workout on Monday morning. I ended up doing the Fit Test (a group of 8 exercises you do every two weeks to track progress. You do the exercise for one minute with 30 second breaks in between each exercise to write down how many you were able to do.) The good news is that I improved my numbers in all of the exercises except the first one (switch kicks).

The Fit Test is only a 25 minute workout so I added cardio abs afterwards, a workout I skipped the previous Friday because I ran out of time.

The rest of the week was fairly normal, but now I am questioning what I am going to do next week. I will be in WI on vacation all next week with friends and their kids. I'm not sure if it is going to be feasible to do 5 days worth of workouts, let alone any of the planned workouts. I'm not sure I will have a DVD player or a place to do the workout- not to mention it is vacation and I don't really want to get up super early. Maybe I should bring my running shoes and try to get in three or so runs while I am there? That way I am still doing cardio but not necessarily the program?? Then I would jump back into the program with week 4 once I get back.

I don't want to lose the gains that I have made so far with this program...but I also want to enjoy my vacation. Plus with my pregnant friend I may be drinking more than I would usually drink....

I guess we'll see!


How much do you try to workout when you are on vacation?

1 comment:

Amber said...

I think planning runs is a good idea while on vacation. It's easy, and you get to run in a new area. Then if you really wanted to, you can throw in body weight resistant exercises like squats, lunges, push ups...