Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

5.19.2016

Snippets

So many thoughts, so little time to flesh them out into longer posts.

*Tomorrow I will have hit 30 weeks in this pregnancy and I'm so happy that I have made it this far. Although I know that this will be my last pregnancy and that I should savor being pregnant, I'm already ready to be done. Believe me, I feel horrible for saying that. I don't have any major issues other than sciatica pain, but being pregnant with a toddler is hard. I truly don't know how SAHM do it because at least I get a "break" during the workweek. I know that even after birth I won't truly get my body back because I will be recovering from the c-section and nursing for a while, but this 37 year old is looking forward to it. Eight more weeks.

*Last week CP and I were in the middle of a conversation and he mentioned if it would be possible for me to get my tubes tied while I had the c-section. Uhhh whaaaat?? We have NEVER talked about this before and frankly before this miracle pregnancy, we would have never thought that it needed to be talked about either. We are definitely done after two kids but I sort of thought that I would just take birth control pills. He hasn't mentioned it since then so I am not sure if this is something that he actually wants to talk about or not.

*Today I dropped off all of my leftover meds at my RE's office from the cycle that never was. Hopefully a self-pay person is very happy as some of the more expensive medications were part of the huge bag that I dropped off (Gonal f, Menopur, Ganerelix, Minivelle patches, etc). The staff was very nice and they were excited to see my baby bump. As I drove away it felt like a huge weight had fallen off my shoulders. Maybe after having this baby I can go back to the healthy person I was prior to trying to have a baby.

*With two kids in the house, we are trying to determine whether we get a double stroller or just get an add-on so that Izzy can stand on the stroller if she gets tired of walking. We don't use the stroller with Izzy right now and haven't in a while, but do have to carry her when we are walking around a lot. I think that if I was a SAHM I would get a double, but we would only use it on the weekends so right now I don't think we need one?

*Other than the stroller stand thing, I think that the only other thing we need to buy for the baby is an Ergo carrier. I used one with Izzy but it was borrowed from my friend and she is currently using it with her newest kid. Luckily, my friend that gave me the Bjorn didn't need it back so I will use that for when the baby is small and then transition to the Ergo when he gets a little heavier and I need more back support.

*CP and I are currently mulling over options to remodel our house. We may have an opportunity because of my very generous parents to expand the house now (well, next summer) instead of waiting many years until daycare payments are over. Stay tuned.

7 comments:

BabyBlueSunday said...

Congrats on 30 weeks! And the potential remodel very exciting!

Emilie said...

I am really interested to hear about your potential house renovations. You've already done a ton of work! We still have a lot of work to do, especially in our yard and second bathroom. We've talked about adding up (we have a ranch) but I don't know if I want a whole second level of house to keep clean!

I do not know how moms handle subsequent pregnancies while still caring for their first child. I am so bone tired after work. I guess you just do it because you have to, but it's got to be so tough. Yay for 30 weeks! The end is in sight!

Gypsy Mama said...

Congrats on reaching 30 weeks! I think it's great that you really know you are done. I don't feel that way, even though logically I think we probably are. Very excited to hear about your remodelling plans too!

Risa said...

Hooray for 30 weeks! I can definitely see how having a newborn with a toddler, being pregnant with a toddler... is a lot. I think about that too as we will eventually go back for a transfer.
Can't wait to see remodel plans!

Alice said...

30 weeks! ::dancing lady emoji::

As I sit here in a meeting with my chair pushed awkwardly back so I can lean waaay forward onto the conference table in an attempt to alleviate my constant back pain....... I hear you. :P

Feisty Harriet said...

Vasectomy. The end.

Happy 30 weeks! May the last 10 feel brief and not too uncomfortable!

xox

Jess said...

Congrats on 30 weeks, that's amazing. It seems (to me on the outside) that the time is just flying by. A friend of mine was offered the opportunity to have her tubes tied during her C-section, and she thought it was strange (not coming from an infertility standpoint). That seems like such an irony. I can only imagine how exhausting it must be to be pregnant with a toddler...thank goodness for work and the busyness of your new position! I hope these weeks counting down to the big event are as painfree as possible and you get rest in when you can. So many exciting preparations!