*I went to the Cubs world series parade (yes I was part of the 5 million people that went) and I wish that I had been closer to the street as it was hard to see much. However, I had to get back to work so I went to the closest spot that I could find and didn't realize that other spots along the parade route weren't going to be as crowded. Oh well.
![]() |
| The red circle in the middle? That's where I was standing. If I just could have gotten to the other side of the street.... |
*In other news, the house remodel is totally stressing me out. The company that we started to work with is telling us that after months of working with them on plans, picking out finishes, etc. that our remodel is going to cost about $50K more than we wanted to spend. We are totally frustrated because if this company thought that we would be way over budget then they should have told us months ago that the scope was looking a little too large.
Since then we have expended more time and effort to reach out to a couple other companies to see what they would price for the remodel. One of them was a guy that I reached out to when we were thinking about redoing our basement before we realized it would be too expensive for what we would get in the end. He came back with a price that is just a few thousand over our max budget and pledged to look to find possibly more savings by getting creative with the drawings/what we have done so far. So I am feeling slightly better.
*Thanksgiving was good, but a long day. Here is my favorite picture of the day:
![]() |
| The only person who didn't eat anything on Thanksgiving is stuffed |
*This Sunday is Izzy's third birthday party (her actual birthday is Tuesday). We thought about doing a big party somewhere but then realized that we didn't want to spend tons of money on a big party when she likely wouldn't remember it. So it will be a small party- my parents, my sister/her husband, family friends, and a family from daycare (her best friend from daycare sadly can't make it). Fingers crossed she has fun. She has been looking forward to this birthday for a while now.
*This week we signed Izzy up for winter activities to make sure she gets some running around time while it's cold out. We plan on getting her outside a lot on the weekends but it will be a bit harder with Wes as one of us will have to stay inside with him. On Saturdays she will be doing soccer with me and on Sundays she will be taking swimming lessons with CP. I think that it will be nice for her to have the one-on-one time with both of us on the weekend anyway.
I hope to write actual posts sometime soon, but frankly between work and home life has been crazy so these bullet posts are easier....


4 comments:
What a month, what a year. I'm trying not to get too excited about the recount in Wisconsin, but I'm glad it's happening and possibly in Michigan and Pennsylvania. Michael Moore predicted a 'Rust Belt Brexit' back in August, but I still struggle to figure out why the polls would be off in these three states, I also can't get out of my mind that Trump very masterfully took his weaknesses and projected it on to Clinton and I keep remembering his words "they only way she wins Pennsylvania, is if she cheats.."
Anway, Happy 3rd Birthday Izzy! It's been so much fun to follow you growing up!
Oh, wow. Yeah, the election has me real down for similar reasons. That's quite the turnout for the Cubs parade, but not surprising! :) Ugh, home remodels. I feel like it's always more than you hope it will be, but maybe that guy that did your basement will work with you enough that it won't be tragically more. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving -- that picture of Wes is adorable! And happy birthday to Izzy! Even with 5, 9, and 10 year olds my best friend gives them a choice -- a party, or an experience with family, and they almost always choose the experience with family (which is a day at the aquarium or the zoo or a trip to Hershey or something like that). She did have a roller rink party for her middle child last month and said it was amazingly cheap compared to everything else. I hope for small parties all the way, child parties the way they are now scare me! :) I love the idea of you and CP each doing a class with Izzy, giving her time just with you and time to get those ya-yas out. Love it. I hope everything goes well!
$50k?!!!??!? How can any reasonable person (or company) expect someone to be okay with that? Totally rediculous. Ugh. I'm glad you have someone else that might be a little easier to work with that will listen to what you're after.
Awesome that you got to go to the parade! The energy must have been amazing to be a part of.
Woah. That's a lot of November. Yowza!!!
xox
Post a Comment