Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

12.19.2016

Five months!



Five months

Height- will find out next month

Weight- 19 pounds??


Rocking tummy time


Nicknames- Chunk, Baby Wes, Monkey

Diapers- Size 3


Viking hat twins!


Milestones- This month has also been all about blowing bubbles and bringing lots of toys, blankets, etc. to his mouth. He has at least rolled onto his side, but still not much interest in rolling over. Wes continues to be a big talker. This month we started to put him in the high chair with some toys so that he could be at the table with us during meals but not in our arms.


Happy in the high chair. No solid food yet, but Buster has parked himself underneath
Wes because he knows what is coming. :-)


Sleep- Once Wes got over his sickness he was sleeping through the night again (yay!). He is generally in his crib by 8:30 and sleeps until 7 on weekends...generally I have to wake him up at 6 during the week.

Clothes- Still in 6-9 mo clothes but some are getting tight!




Eating: Wes eats 3 5oz bottles every day at daycare. I do think that he drinks enough at daycare so that he isn't starving, but fairly soon after we get home he is hungry (even if he just ate a bottle at daycare 1.5 hours before) and wanting to nurse a lot. I don't mind it too much because it helps with my supply but it gets hard when he is crying because he wants to nurse while I am finishing bedtime with Izzy. He is very busy while he is nursing; constantly petting or moving his free hand over my chest. I did let him gnaw a little bit on my banana this month and he seemed to like it.

Teeth- Wes' bottom front gum is protruding a bit so we may see his first tooth/teeth soon. Crossing my fingers he doesn't bite my nipple too much.




Likes: snuggling in our arms, nursing, walks in the stroller, activity bar, vibrating chair, kicking your legs in the bath, cooing at us, hearing us talk to him, blowing bubbles, peek-a-boo, putting things in his mouth, looking at lights, grabbing CP's beard, watching Izzy do anything


Grumpy old man


Other firsts: I stayed away from the Nose Frieda with Izzy because I didn't realize that there was a filter so that you didn't suck up the snot. This thing is amazing! Wes is not a huge fan but it really does the job on stuffy noses.


This month was the first time Wes met Santa and was nonplussed about the visit.



Wes continues to be such a happy baby. It's easy to get him to smile and laugh (we agree he does it both more than Izzy).


The last thing that I want to document for this month- Wes' hair is HILARIOUS. The bald spot in the back, the somewhat darker hair on the bottom, the short hair on top (because it is new), and the tuft of long hair at the top which has been growing since birth. For reference here is what Izzy's hair looked like at 5 months:
Such a difference!

2 comments:

Gemini.Apache said...

I can't believe he is 19 POUNDS!!! I love his chunkiness haha! As soon as Charlotte got her two tiny razor blade teeth she began biting the shit out of my nipples. It's awful! Hope Wes goes easy on you when his pop through.

Risa said...

Love that bald spot! If it makes you feel better, Olivia never bit me when she got her first upper teeth. The only times she did was when it was on complete accident. So it hasn't been bad at all. I was warned when it happens to not freak out, because they can get scared and then refuse to nurse for awhile. And it was true for me. The first few times I yelped, she started crying and it was so sad.