Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

1.24.2017

2017 Goals

Seeing that it is almost February, it's probably time to write down my 2017 goals, right? LOL.

1. Dress up more on the weekends and when I am at home. It's so easy to throw on a sweatshirt and yoga pants to do anything and everything on the weekends. I have really been trying to make an effort to dress up for dinners out with the family and to look a bit nicer in general when I go out in public. I have continued my goal of doing my hair and putting on makeup more often so the next step is my clothes. :-)

2. Continue to send paper cards to friends for their birthdays. This has been a goal for the past couple of years and I have kept it up. I know how much I love receiving mail and think that my friends would too (I do get thank yous from friends every year. They are also amazed that I remember- well, generally I don't but I use a free website called birthday-reminders.com. I input birthdays and I get an email 7 days beforehand which gives me time to buy a card and send it! (If I was smart I would buy all the cards for a year ahead of time but I like to personalize the card for each friend.)

3. The usual lose weight goal. I'm back at 208 but really want to be at 190 by the end of the year. I've got to do better about eating healthy- especially while I am still BF so that I can burn the extra calories!

4. Part of that weight goal will include working on being more active. Right now during the week I am going from 5am to about 8:30pm (depending on when the kids get to bed). I'm not sure I have it in me to wake up before 5am to exercise. I do take Buster on walks three days a week (Sat, Sun, and my telework day), but my body is itching for MORE and HARDER exercise. This goal will get easier once I am no longer breastfeeding as I will get that time back. For now, I would like my goal to be to work out 4 days a week.

5. Spend more quality time with CP. I would love if we could take a trip, or even just stay overnight in downtown Chicago, just the two of us later this year. We try hard to have one date night every month- thank goodness my mom is willing and able to babysit!

6. Breastfeed Wes *at least* as long as I breastfed Izzy. I don't think that this one will be too hard. Wes is now 6 months old and I made it 7.5 months before Izzy decided she no longer wanted to nurse....so I don't have that long to go. Best case scenario I breastfeed until the end of winter. I would be okay with mostly formula feeding and then maybe nursing in the morning and at night as he gets closer to the age of 1. 

7. Run in at least two races this year. I don't care the distance, but participating in races makes me more accountable with my running!

3 comments:

Lacey Bean said...

With the birthday cards, I actually put the months list of birthday/anniversary etc cards in my planner and then at the end of a month or beginning of the next month I go out and buy all the cards for that month. Go home, write them out, and stamp/address the ones that are getting mailed. Then I put sticky notes on each to say when I should mail them and leave them in our sorter by the door. Works like a charm! And no last-minute runs to the store for cards. :)

Amber said...

I love that you send out actual birthday cards. I do think that's something that everyone appreciates but rarely does anymore. I'm also impressed with your goal of wanting to dress up more. I don't even own any make up anymore. I never really wore it much to begin with (except in 8th grade when blue eye shadow was popular, along with blue or green mascara. Scary!), but I do like to wear a little bit sometimes. I sometimes miss not being able to put a little on to feel more dressed up on occasion.

Jess said...

Great goals! I love that you send actual cards. It's so lovely to receive mail that's not bills or junk. :)