Motto

“If you get caught up in the worst case scenario and it doesn’t happen, you’ve wasted your time. And if you are caught up in the worst case scenario and it does happen, you’ve lived it twice.” -Michael J. Fox

6.07.2017

Wednesday Bullets

*Memorial Day Weekend we headed up to MI to my parent's place. We had a fun weekend, but I think that going to a local carnival was Izzy's favorite. She got to ride on her first "rollercoaster", ferris wheel, and other toddler rides. She had a BLAST. She keeps telling us that she is going to eat lots of fruits and vegetables this year so that next year she can go on the ride that goes upside down (LOL).

Izzy enjoying her first "rollercoaster"


Add caption


*This weekend we took Wes to the pool for the first time. He has always liked to splash in the bathtub and doesn't mind when water runs in his face, but we still had no idea how he would react. It took him a few minutes, but he had a blast splashing at the pool while in our arms. CP even dunked him once to see his reaction and it didn't phase him at all!

Splashing in our homemade water table


*CP was offered the position for the job with less travel and a shorter commute! He is currently in negotiations with the company about the signing bonus because we stand to lose some money if he jumps over and takes their current offer (b/c of his current bonus structure with his company). We'll see!

*I'm just so proud of Izzy. She brought this home the other day- she was trying to spell her name. Sure she missed the B and the S is sideways but she spelled and wrote it all by herself!



*CP spent a lot of this past weekend painting Wes' room. It is one of the rooms that is not getting touched in the renovation, but ever since we painted it before Izzy was born, I sort of hated it. It was great for a baby's room, but it was time to re-think the room now that Wes will be a toddler soon (AHH!). We picked Benjamin Moore's Labrador Blue for the walls and BM's Patriotic White for the ceiling. It looks 10 million times better. Now I might try to find some dinosaur decals to put on the walls!

*Running is going well. Because CP spent a bunch of time painting this past weekend the first chance that I got to go running was not until Sunday afternoon- when it was 92 and disgusting out. I ran anyway....only going two miles, but I was proud that I went out there and did it anyway. I currently have a cold (along with Izzy and Wes) so waking up this week to workout has been a struggle, but I was able to push myself to run this morning. 

*Related to running, one of my motivators to run is seeing how many steps I get after even a short run. I have been doing a lot of challenges with Amber through the Fitbit app and they are so motivating!! Amber is the only person I know of the people participating but who cares? I want to beat everyone!! :-) When I don't have lunchtime meetings I have been stepping out of my office to go for a 15-30 minute walk at work as well.

*I thought that the Seasonale pill was going to be the answer to my birth control, but instead I'm halfway through the second month of pills and have had a light period for more than a week. Ugh. With all of this talk about dropping the requirement that birth control is covered from this administration, I finally made an appointment to get an IUD (Mirena) put it at the end of the month. That way I will be covered for five years and hopefully my period will go away completely. Fingers crossed!

*At the end of the month Wes has to see an ENT for the ear infection that he just can't clear. He may have to get tubes. :-(

*Thanks for all of your coffee suggestions the other day. My coworker suggested that I try the $.99 Iced Mocha Coffee from Dunkin Donuts so I went for it this afternoon. It is TERRIBLE. I even dumped some more sugar in it after getting back to the office. I am going to need a lot of gum after I muddle my way through this to get the taste out of my mouth. I think this is going to be harder than I thought....

YUCK!

3 comments:

Chris said...

I am DYING to know what type of job CP has that he just keeps getting offered all these jobs!!

Amber said...

LOVE that picture of Izzy on the "rollercoaster!" Congrats to CP for the job offer. I hope they will negotiate so that he will be able to accept the job. That would be so nice for him not to have to travel so much! Good job on the running! I love that you enjoy the Fitbit challenges as much as I do. You might actually "know" at least one other girl in the group (JenS). She used to be an active blogger before her twins were born. There's a few other infertility gals too. Jamie R is my sister. Reading about you getting into running, and how motivated you are to compete in the steps challenges, motivates ME to want to start running g again. I'm so far out of shape right now. I'm hoping to change that after we move. And I don't know how you are remotely able to force yourself to become a coffee drinker. Just like you, I've never been able to stand the flavor, whether it's coffee or just coffee flavored ice cream or candy. Blech!!!

Jess said...

So many sweet pictures! And congrats to CP, I hope the negotiations go in his favor. Exciting things! Go Izzy for writing so beautifully, and I hope Wes doesn't need the tubes (but if he does that they fix things for him so he's not in pain). Just love the second picture here, so sweet.